Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up a copy of Jutland from an antique store and am excited to try it out. Inside there were fifteen of the blank counters that the previous owner had written ships on. Is this some kind of expansion for Jutland? Something else? Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the Dover & Harwich Forces to me. You will find the info for them on page 13 of the advanced rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCue
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a General article that added more ships, but I think that they were just printed in the magazine and not made as counters. But the game came with blank counters, so maybe the previous owner used the magazine as a guide and drew the ships on the counters.

So the hit records for your hand-drawn ships can be found in that issue of the General.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you mean the Probable Possibilities Counters. It also contains the capital ships in the picture at the beginning of the thread. Make the sheet 6.5" tall, and proportionally wide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can found some of them in this image:

And some other in this other image:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a copy of this game on Craigslist bundled with Tactics II and Blitzkrieg(all classics and all in relatively good shape) for $35.00 a few months back. I organized all my ships but can't remember seeing the blank ones, it seemed complete otherwise. I'll have to double check to see if they are there or not. Interesting...would be fun to include other ships and or other scenarios using this game's system.

Looking forward to trying this one out but have not had the time and or proper space to play. Can one get away with a relatively big table, or does one need more of a wide open floor space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:
Looking forward to trying this one out but have not had the time and or proper space to play. Can one get away with a relatively big table, or does one need more of a wide open floor space?

I always played in on the floor...
in my parents' basement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:

The best sessions I had were on a half ping-pong table. More than enough room and easy on the knees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the info. I was fortunate enough to find it at the antique store for $12.95. It seemed like a decent deal and the important thing is it's complete. Very excited to take on my kids on the basement floor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
Thanks for all the info. I was fortunate enough to find it at the antique store for $12.95. It seemed like a decent deal and the important thing is it's complete. Very excited to take on my kids on the living basement floor.

Hey Mike, I see you are relatively close (if Waconia and Woodbury could be considered close). Let me know how it goes. I have not played this game since... well... since I didn't mind playing on the floor.

Also, I notice that you'd like to play the Russian Campaign. I have the game and would be willing to play sometime, if the distance can be overcome.
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tallracer333 wrote:
Vormwald1 wrote:
Thanks for all the info. I was fortunate enough to find it at the antique store for $12.95. It seemed like a decent deal and the important thing is it's complete. Very excited to take on my kids on the living basement floor.

Hey Mike, I see you are relatively close (if Waconia and Woodbury could be considered close). Let me know how it goes. I have not played this game since... well... since I didn't mind playing on the floor.

Also, I notice that you'd like to play the Russian Campaign. I have the game and would be willing to play sometime, if the distance can be overcome.
Steve

Cool. I might be up for a game sometime. I get to St. Paul every once in a while. I've played the Russian Campaign before and really like it. I've also tried my hand at Rise and Decline of the 3rd Reich a couple of times and might be willing to play that again, though it was a little overwhelming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clinton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Vastly under-rated and unapprieated game imho when viewed in the context of what it designed to do... an introduction to naval gaming.

A great game for kids with the dozens of different battles that can be setup quickly, and completed in short order.

Have fun,
GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.