Subject: End game City scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played our first game of Dark Horse. We had a little bit of confusion regarding the scoring for cities.

In the picture above, does the single rail allow the green city to score the two circled towns?

If so, the green city is worth 5 points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperAbobo wrote:
Just played our first game of Dark Horse. We had a little bit of confusion regarding the scoring for cities.

In the picture above, does the single rail allow the green city to score the two circled towns?

If so, the green city is worth 5 points?

Yes, that single rail does connect those two towns to the hex where the city is placed for a total of 5 points.

The rules state this, "Each city that a player has on the territory map is worth as many points as the towns that are connected to it by rail." But, I would add this onto the end of the sentence, "...to the hex where it is located."

Thank you for bringing this up. I will add that to my errata sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Don,

Let me suggest that you use the words "town" or "city" instead of just "it" to prevent confusion over what is referenced by "it."

I think the rule is clear on the scoring of cities. What I have found is that new players are confused by what constitutes "linked by rail," and not realizing a break in the rail line at city "A" may result city "B" being disconnected from some towns that are connected to city "A."

Thanks again for making the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pawnpusher wrote:
Don,

Let me suggest that you use the words "town" or "city" instead of just "it" to prevent confusion over what is referenced by "it."

I think the rule is clear on the scoring of cities. What I have found is that new players are confused by what constitutes "linked by rail," and not realizing a break in the rail line at city "A" may result city "B" being disconnected from some towns that are connected to city "A."

Thanks again for making the game.

Good catch Jimmy! Thank you. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.