Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Vermeersch
Belgium
ghent
Select..
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Perdition's Mouth lovers!

I got a demo of this game at Essen, and later that day decided to screw it and buy the full package.

At the fair it was said that Wound cards go into your hand. Digging through the rulebook, we see it actually goes on the top of your deck.

We feel though that it going in your hand is more thematic, I mean. If your leg gets chopped off during combat, it won't just fall off the next time you rest for example...

We play by the rulebook, because we fear it might otherwise mess with balance and maybe other rules (do you discard a card you already had instead?)

Thoughts on this?

PS: truly awesome game, my favorite dungeon crawl up until now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, didn't study the rule book much by now, but in the gameplay vids the wounds went to the hand, if I remember correctly. But I am sure that one of the guys at Dragon Dawn will soon be here to clarify!

Edit: in the gameplay vid of Dragon Dawn, at 57:40 Olazabal gets a wound, this is then referred as "hand card". But, it's nearly one year old, maybe things got changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules: On top of your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Rutjens
Netherlands
Nuenen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

Would also like to know. We played it according to the rules: top of your deck.
But I saw the video too where it was played in your hand.
I am sure the designers will give the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Hand or pile - it hurts a lot. If played to the pile the rules do not need to solve exceeding hand size limit.

Also if you have an infestation card in your hand and you know you have another one on the top of the pile, you can do something about it. If you draw directly to your hand, then you can be defeated by a single hit from full health and not to be able to do anything about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules are correct: On top of the deck.

And remember to have the Wound deck which contains extra nasty wound cards that our fans created. Makes a layer of extra difficulties for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eridis wrote:
Rules are correct: On top of the deck.

A'ha. Ooopsie daisie! Somebody (absolutely totally maybe not me) has been playing from old memory. Trust the rulebook, not an old playtester/CEO!

Fluidkarma wrote:
Edit: in the gameplay vid of Dragon Dawn, at 57:40 Olazabal gets a wound, this is then referred as "hand card". But, it's nearly one year old, maybe things got changed?

I'm relatively certain that this is the case, for I have vivid memories of a bunch of play test sessions where the testers concluded time and time again that the wound card goes to your hand, myself included. But back to the topic itself, I can think of three effects that the rule change has:

1. It gives an option to attempt to delay the wound's effect (getting it to your hand) by resting it into a new location in the draw deck (shuffled before the hand is drawn to the default hand size).
2. It makes the wound just a tad nastier because it wastes the next chance to get a new card to your hand.
3. It'll take a bit longer to get the wound cards to your hand from your deck, which slightly nerfs the godly awesomeness of the healing items and skills.

And this is again a good time to tout the customizability of Perdition's Mouth. If you feel that it makes sense that the wound card goes to your hand, just go ahead and house rule it. And if you feel that the healing items are just a tad too potent after that, balance the house rule you by applying one of the hard rule variants. I for one might just do that out of sheer laziness because I'm already programmed to draw cards to my hand, not my deck. :)

Oh, and thematically, the draw to the deck rather than to your hand could be explained by an adrenaline rush. And think about it, how many times you've gotten hurt and noticed the bruises, lacerations, pain, dizziness, or other symptoms of a trauma several moments afterwards? It tends to take at minimum a few seconds, yeah? Even in the rather extreme case of a properly broken leg, as I've witnessed in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.