Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assigning bionts / Entropy limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assigning bionts / Entropy limit is still not clear to me.
Let's say I have Organism with green chromosome. My entropy limit is 2, right?
So in the next turn:
1. I can assign 2 bionts each to different Refugium
2. I can assign 2 bionts both to single Refugium
And another turn (with the 3rd biont unassigned):
1. I can assign the 3rd biont to any Refugium
2. I can assign the 3rd biont to Refugium with my two bionts already assigned?
3. I can't assign the 3rd biont because it it over Entropy limit.

Which is correct? Which is wrong? Any other constellation possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See Phil's change to the Entropy Limit rule here. Does that help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Card
United Kingdom
Didcot
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
Since you only have 3 bionts, and you can only increase your entropy limit if at least one of them is assigned to an organism, you will never be able to assign more than two bionts to refugia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:

Thank you, but it didn't help. I still don't understand where I can assign bionts in single turn. Two on the same placard? Each to different placard.
Or, assuming my EL=1 and one biont is already assign to refugium, may I assign another one to the same refugia or any other refugium in next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
arjisme wrote:

Thank you, but it didn't help. I still don't understand where I can assign bionts in single turn. Two on the same placard? Each to different placard.
Or, assuming my EL=1 and one biont is already assign to refugium, may I assign another one to the same refugia or any other refugium in next turn?

Yes to all the above. The only rule I remember is that the refugium you assign to has to be either a) active or b) in the home row of one of your organisms (parasite, macro-organism, bacterium). Somebody correct me please if I am wrong.

EDIT: I assumed EL=2 for my answer, for some reason. EL=1 means only one biont on a refugium as rightly said by next poster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
I still don't understand where I can assign bionts in single turn. Two on the same placard? Each to different placard.

Your entropy limit is the maximum number of bionts you can have on refugia. If you have an EL of 2, you can assign both bionts to one refugium or split them up. You can assign them both on the same turn or not.

If your EL is 1, you can only have one biont on the refugia. If you already have one out there, you can't assign another one on your next turn. But you can move the one you already have if it's in an active row or the home row of one of your organisms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent explanation Matt. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.