$30.00
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess so...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL Moore is loving this attention from right-wing morons.

You should watch it in context.
"[Voting for Trump will feel good] for a day. Maybe a week. Possibly a month. And then like the Brits who wanted to send a message, so they voted to leave Europe only to find out that if you vote to leave Europe you actually have to leave Europe, and now they regret it," Moore says. "All the Ohioans, Pennsylvanians, Michiganders and Wisconsinites of Middle England, right, they all voted to leave and now they regret it."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
LOL Moore is loving this attention from right-wing morons.

You should watch it in context.
"[Voting for Trump will feel good] for a day. Maybe a week. Possibly a month. And then like the Brits who wanted to send a message, so they voted to leave Europe only to find out that if you vote to leave Europe you actually have to leave Europe, and now they regret it," Moore says. "All the Ohioans, Pennsylvanians, Michiganders and Wisconsinites of Middle England, right, they all voted to leave and now they regret it."


So when he says, that people will vote for Trump are doing it to blow up washington. Which is fine with me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Michael Moore has been the poster child of the bloviating left for years. From Roger and Me, to Bowling for Columbine, to Farenheit 9/11, Moore has been castigated by the right for unsupported nonsense "pseudo-documentary" film making and now you seize onto a 4 minute clip from a much larger piece as somehow the quotable endorsement of Trump?

All Moore is doing is articulating why many of Trumps supporters are on board. It's a focus on their perceptions of the current economic circumstance and their feelings about it. It says NOTHING about the objective reality of that circumstance, it's causes or whether Trump actually has a legitimate plan to address those circumstances. In fact the entirety of "Trumpland" from which this clip is lifted likely paints a far different picture about Trump.

You all typically belittle the Black Lives Matter and Hands Up movements as little more than expressions of black anger that don't reflect the reality of police interactions. Why then is the Trumpian anger any more inherently correct? Being angry and being correct aren't necessarily concurrent states of being.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
So, Michael Moore has been the poster child of the bloviating left for years. From Roger and Me, to Bowling for Columbine, to Farenheit 9/11, Moore has been castigated by the right for unsupported nonsense "pseudo-documentary" film making and now you seize onto a 4 minute clip from a much larger piece as somehow the quotable endorsement of Trump?

All Moore is doing is articulating why many of Trumps supporters are on board. It's a focus on their perceptions of the current economic circumstance and their feelings about it. It says NOTHING about the objective reality of that circumstance, it's causes or whether Trump actually has a legitimate plan to address those circumstances. In fact the entirety of "Trumpland" from which this clip is lifted likely paints a far different picture about Trump.

You all typically belittle the Black Lives Matter and Hands Up movements as little more than expressions of black anger that don't reflect the reality of police interactions. Why then is the Trumpian anger any more inherently correct? Being angry and being correct aren't necessarily concurrent states of being.


At least Moore understands that trump supporters arent the racists you idiots think they are.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly I can't watch the video because it's blocked here at work. I'm sharing this anyway if for no other reason than to have the wingnuts in RSP rail on Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/michael-moore-endorsed-donald-trump/

ORIGIN:On 24 October 2016, an audio clip purportedly featuring documentary filmmaker Michael Moore endorsing Donald Trump and explaining why Americans will vote for the Republican presidential candidate was posted to Facebook by alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos...

This item has been taken by many viewers to mean that Moore is endorsing Donald Trump's candidacy, but that is not the case. The audio and transcript cited above were taken from Moore's new documentary TrumpLand, which features the director laying out some of the reasons why Americans, especially those residing in the Midwest, might be inclined to vote for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. However, the audio is incomplete and has been stripped of a major portion that changes both the tone and the meaning of Moore's speech.

Immediately after the above-displayed clip ends, Moore goes on to say that Trump voters, like Brexit voters, will soon regret their decision...

Michael Moore certainly did not and would not endorse Donald Trump. In fact, a few days before this item went viral, Moore said that voting for the Republican presidential nominee was akin to legal terrorism...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Moore wasn't endorsing Trump; Moore was being highly pessimistic.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Sadly I can't watch the video because it's blocked here at work. I'm sharing this anyway if for no other reason than to have the wingnuts in RSP rail on Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/michael-moore-endorsed-donald-trump/

ORIGIN:On 24 October 2016, an audio clip purportedly featuring documentary filmmaker Michael Moore endorsing Donald Trump and explaining why Americans will vote for the Republican presidential candidate was posted to Facebook by alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos...

This item has been taken by many viewers to mean that Moore is endorsing Donald Trump's candidacy, but that is not the case. The audio and transcript cited above were taken from Moore's new documentary TrumpLand, which features the director laying out some of the reasons why Americans, especially those residing in the Midwest, might be inclined to vote for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. However, the audio is incomplete and has been stripped of a major portion that changes both the tone and the meaning of Moore's speech.

Immediately after the above-displayed clip ends, Moore goes on to say that Trump voters, like Brexit voters, will soon regret their decision...

Michael Moore certainly did not and would not endorse Donald Trump. In fact, a few days before this item went viral, Moore said that voting for the Republican presidential nominee was akin to legal terrorism...


Snopes! Gosh, it's turned into a 24-hour Hillary-licking service over there, hasn't it?


As predicted. Care to wager on whether you or Snopes are right? No? Didn't think so.

...

[Voting for Trump will feel good] for a day. Maybe a week. Possibly a month. And then. Like the Brits, who wanted to send a message, so they voted to leave Europe only to find out that if you vote to leave Europe you, actually have to leave Europe.

And now they regret it. All the Ohioans, Pennsylvanians, Michiganders and Wisconsinites of Middle England, right, they all voted to leave and now they regret it.

And over 4 million of them signed a petition to have a do-over, they want another election, but It's not going to happen. Because you used the ballot as an anger management tool. And now you're fucked. And the rest of Europe. They're like, Bye Felicia.

So when the rightfully angry people of Ohio and Michigan and Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin find out after a few months in office that President Trump wasn't going to do a damn thing for them, it will be too late to do anything about it.

But I get it. You wanted to send a message. You had righteous anger. And justifiable anger. Well, message sent.

Goodnight America. You've just elected the last president of the United States.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Remember when Snopes was just about trying to combat urban legends, like the Hook Man, or the Vanishing Hitchhiker?

I miss those days. Urbanlegends.com was always better at it anyway. But they folded long ago.


They've expanding to debunking dumb right wing interpretations of stuff. Snopes is versatile!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Sadly I can't watch the video because it's blocked here at work. I'm sharing this anyway if for no other reason than to have the wingnuts in RSP rail on Snopes.

http://www.snopes.com/michael-moore-endorsed-donald-trump/

ORIGIN:On 24 October 2016, an audio clip purportedly featuring documentary filmmaker Michael Moore endorsing Donald Trump and explaining why Americans will vote for the Republican presidential candidate was posted to Facebook by alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos...

This item has been taken by many viewers to mean that Moore is endorsing Donald Trump's candidacy, but that is not the case. The audio and transcript cited above were taken from Moore's new documentary TrumpLand, which features the director laying out some of the reasons why Americans, especially those residing in the Midwest, might be inclined to vote for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump. However, the audio is incomplete and has been stripped of a major portion that changes both the tone and the meaning of Moore's speech.

Immediately after the above-displayed clip ends, Moore goes on to say that Trump voters, like Brexit voters, will soon regret their decision...

Michael Moore certainly did not and would not endorse Donald Trump. In fact, a few days before this item went viral, Moore said that voting for the Republican presidential nominee was akin to legal terrorism...


Snopes! Gosh, it's turned into a 24-hour Hillary-licking service over there, hasn't it?

Remember when Snopes was just about trying to combat urban legends, like the Hook Man, or the Vanishing Hitchhiker?

I miss those days. Urbanlegends.com was always better at it anyway. But they folded long ago.


Don't complain about snopes and the media and then KEEP POSTING RIGHT WING MEME BULLCRAP.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
lfisher wrote:
Don't complain about snopes and the media and then KEEP POSTING RIGHT WING MEME BULLCRAP.


This clip is out there, Lee. One of your fellow RSPers pointed me to it. Why not talk about it? I questioned in my header whether he was endorsing Trump based on just that clip (see the question mark?) but I said that he understands Trump's support far more than a lot of RSPers. (For example, you and Les.)

How am I wrong?


Of course he understands the appeal, that's why he's fighting it. It's just silly that it is all over the right wing blogosphere. I'm sure he's laughing his ass off.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:


At least Moore understands that trump supporters arent the racists you idiots think they are.


You need to get out a little more Dashi. I don't equate Trump followers with racists. While there certainly are some racists among them, I have argued repeatedly that such generalizations do little to advance the issues. The book "Hillbilly Ellegy" did a good job of starting to explain some of the thought processes behind many of Trump supporters. Trumps own populist rhetoric (shared in significant measure with some Sanders supporters) clearly show a broad based dissatisfaction with the perceived status quo.

My argument has been that the populist movement fails to perceive the actual benefits accrued from trade liberalization and the dangers of embracing a protectionist trade policy. More importantly, I view Trump as a kind of false prophet who has tapped into the anger about the status quo but who is offering a very undisciplined plate of options that will actually harm people.

I may well agree that Trump embraces both racist and sexist stereotypes but, that is far from the central focus of my comments on RSP
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
So when he says, that people will vote for Trump are doing it to blow up washington. Which is fine with me.


This sums it up. Dumb shits wanting to blow up the system. Government is a great thing when it works. Unfortunately the republicans want to destroy the whole system from within and trump fits right into this plan. Get ready for a dictatorship if he wins.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
At least Moore understands that trump supporters arent the racists you idiots think they are.


Some of them are but most are authoritarian.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Ramadanovic
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A) Moore is an incredibly dumb populist entertainer who is philosophically very close to Trump. In fact only reason he does not endorse him are some misplaced tribal loyalties.

B) Comparison of Brexit and Trump is the laziest of lazy crutches of pseudo-journalists. Brexit has its support among the British elite as well as among the working poor. It is a policy that has been debated both pro and con for decades

C) According to most opinion polls
(for example this study by YouGov: https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/08/11/yougov-focus-groups/)
and contrary to the predictions and wishes of the particular type of public intellectuals and lazy journalists - most Brits who actually voted for Brexit are *not* regretting their decision. 4 million who signed petition for another referendum are (for most part) a subset of the 16 million who voted to remain in the first place.

The way you can tell is that politicians are very much lining up to execute the Brexit. If there was sudden upsurge of feeling against it, you better believe that politicians - who after all have to answer to that same electorate in a few years - would be looking for a way to climb down. As it is, May is not only going forward, but is going forward with what is likely to be one of more 'hard' brexit varieties (as well as more popular).

D) In conclusion, Michael Moore talks nonsense as soon as he opens his mouth - news at 11.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Istanbul
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
lfisher wrote:
Don't complain about snopes and the media and then KEEP POSTING RIGHT WING MEME BULLCRAP.


This clip is out there, Lee. One of your fellow RSPers pointed me to it. Why not talk about it? I questioned in my header whether he was endorsing Trump based on just that clip (see the question mark?) but I said that he understands Trump's support far more than a lot of RSPers. (For example, you and Les.)

How am I wrong?


No, the leftists on RSP can't read. Subtlety and nuance such as question marks are lost on them. That's something I have pointed out for a while. Moore, is pointing out why he thinks people like trump and that not all trump supportrs are racist. That's it.


No, they're not all racists. Definitely all idiots, but racists... hard to be statistically possible.

Then again, please do present the case of deplorables from the left and we can have a discussion. The only deplorable tag is the one Drewber keeps trying to hang, but that doesn't stick.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
lfisher wrote:
Don't complain about snopes and the media and then KEEP POSTING RIGHT WING MEME BULLCRAP.


This clip is out there, Lee. One of your fellow RSPers pointed me to it. Why not talk about it? I questioned in my header whether he was endorsing Trump based on just that clip (see the question mark?) but I said that he understands Trump's support far more than a lot of RSPers. (For example, you and Les.)

How am I wrong?


No, the leftists on RSP can't read. Subtlety and nuance such as question marks are lost on them. That's something I have pointed out for a while. Moore, is pointing out why he thinks people like trump and that not all trump supportrs are racist. That's it.


No, they're not all racists. Definitely all idiots, but racists... hard to be statistically possible.

Then again, please do present the case of deplorables from the left and we can have a discussion. The only deplorable tag is the one Drewber keeps trying to hang, but that doesn't stick.



Margaret Sanger was the first one that came to my mind. If I had more time, I could easily find enough to fill a basket. (Of course, I know she is dead, but her name is indicative of they type of people that I would personally consider to be a "lefty deplorable")
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. This has been bugging me.

It is possible to both emotionally understand why someone would want to do a thing -and- still think it is a stupid choice.

(Obviously if this is not your belief, no offense to you, but seriously, people do seem to be making this a binary. It is possible to both empathize and criticize at the same time.)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
All Moore is doing is articulating why many of Trumps supporters are on board.


That's what I just said. Can't you read?



I guess he can't. What's up with that full-on rant about RSP conservatives suddenly embracing M. Moore? Where did that happen? Definitely not in this thread, your subject header even has a question mark. Man, the Libtards are being, well, libtarded.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
bjlillo wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
lfisher wrote:
Don't complain about snopes and the media and then KEEP POSTING RIGHT WING MEME BULLCRAP.


This clip is out there, Lee. One of your fellow RSPers pointed me to it. Why not talk about it? I questioned in my header whether he was endorsing Trump based on just that clip (see the question mark?) but I said that he understands Trump's support far more than a lot of RSPers. (For example, you and Les.)

How am I wrong?


Lee has a major case of the dumb today apparently. He's too ragey to read what you actually have written.


Oh right. It's Lee who is dumb, not Drew posting an entire thread about it.

HE'S JUST ASKING QUESTIONS, PEOPLE!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:
Okay. This has been bugging me.

It is possible to both emotionally understand why someone would want to do a thing -and- still think it is a stupid choice.

(Obviously if this is not your belief, no offense to you, but seriously, people do seem to be making this a binary. It is possible to both empathize and criticize at the same time.)


Who are you talking to?


No one in particular.

It is just these particular topics always seem to create a binary, so it becomes hard to distinguish whether they are just continuously directed at the morons or whether they are being erroneously directed at anyone critical of Trump voters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Rulesjd wrote:
All Moore is doing is articulating why many of Trumps supporters are on board.


That's what I just said. Can't you read?



I guess he can't. What's up with that full-on rant about RSP conservatives suddenly embracing M. Moore? Where did that happen? Definitely not in this thread, your subject header even has a question mark. Man, the Libtards are being, well, libtarded.


Sorry, I'm just not up to your standard of gross generalization, name calling, smash mouthed, identity politics.

Drew uses the video to trot out an unfounded assertion that somehow Moore "gets" Trump supporters while people who post on RSP can't actually do the same but, are only focused on the racism angle. Of course the internet is exploding today with this 4 minute clip somehow showing how Michael Moore embraces this vision of Trump as the savior of middle america.

But, hey as long as you get another chance to label people libtards, it's all good.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
bramadan wrote:
A) Moore is an incredibly dumb populist entertainer who is philosophically very close to Trump.


How so?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
wifwendell wrote:
bramadan wrote:
A) Moore is an incredibly dumb populist entertainer who is philosophically very close to Trump.


How so?


He's a populist entertainer appealing to the dumb instincts of his base?
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.