$5.00
$30.00
$15.00
$20.00
Mirza Rachmat
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I only played a few board games, but I got an idea from Evolution by ending the game by finishing the deck of cards. I am new to board game designing and it looks interesting. I start writing the rule of my game and hopefully come up with the right mechanics for the theme.

My game is about scoring points by creating story. The players are writers that want to collaborate, create their own, sabotage, steal stories that they build in the middle board (does not have to be board). To finish a story, a story has to have six cards which are character card, exposition card, rising action card, climax card, falling action card, and resolution card. Once you put a resolution card in a story (either yours or others), the story is yours and you get to keep the character and resolution card for your evidence of scoring points. Points can be gathered by collecting stories and play the exposition, rising, climax, and falling cards (they are all action cards) and you will get some coins or something from the cards right away. It looks easy, but every character has unique sanity level and they will go down as you play the cards, depends on the action cards. If the character card loses all of its sanity level, you have to start over and put the action card into discard pile and put character card into the bottom of character card deck.

Character cards and resolution cards are in different decks respectively, and the other cards are in one deck. The game will end if the last story to be made with the last character card and resolution card is finish. I was thinking to give the last character an immunity from any decreasing effect to sanity level from action card. In the end of the game, every player sum up their coins and stories for points and the person with the highest points wins.

I want to have you guys' opinions. Hopefully one of you guys find it interesting. I am trying to get a grip on the flow of the game and then the unique effects of the cards. Please leave a comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.