Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Rockwell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... I sent a very nice email to both Stronghold Games as well as Mesa Boardgames in regards to a damaged copy of this game I received from them. I attached photos as well as described the situation. My original email was sent on October 12th. I was incredibly patient as I knew this fell over Essen. Gil from Mesa was awesome. Responded within a few days of returning. He's reached out to Stronghold as of a week ago. Still no reply..

How am I supposed to play a damaged game with "Top Secret" information when the tiles are marked? We've played it twice with less than secret info just because we got tired of waiting...

Does anyone know what I can do to get my copy of the game replaced? The insert was torn, and two tiles are useless. Its unplayable, untradeable and unsellable at this point.

This was my only recourse as my emails from Stronghold have gone unanswered. Frankly.. it's incredibly annoying. Although they receive some good natured bashing from some gaming personalities, Im starting to think its completely warranted..

thumbsdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"et son bucher se change en trone dans les cieux."
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb

Did you call them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of surprised, I purchased a copy at my FLGS, and it was short two tiles (Given the large number of tiles, and they aren't punch outs, that doesn't surprise me at all, and they immediately turned around and sent out replacements (once I'd identified them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this guy...

Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen is one of the best in the business and a great guy, I'm know he's been busy with essen and GTS. i'm sure he'll make ya whole, don't stress too hard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold has always had fantastic service for me, except when he is traveling.

Remember Stronghold games is one guy doing EVERYTHING. Maybe he stayed in Europe to do business before he traveled home. Give him a few more to get back to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rockwell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I'll continue to await a reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Specter
United States
Belmont
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will echo the previous sentiments. Stephen is top notch. He'll get back to you. Likely he is just overwhelmed with catching up post-Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After doing some research it seems Stronghold offices are currently closed. They were schedule to open today at the earliest but maybe later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kamus73 wrote:
I will echo the previous sentiments. Stephen is top notch. He'll get back to you. Likely he is just overwhelmed with catching up post-Essen.

And preparing for BGG Con, and dealing with his day job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo the sentiment. Gil with Mesa was so fantastic and quick when I asked a question about the promo cards. He got back right with me and made sure all my questions were answered in record time.

Stephen took longer to respond. And this was well before Essen. But to be fair, Stephen did eventually get back with me with a short but helpful response. I know it is frustrating for you not to get a response from anyone when you are excited to play the game.

That said, Essen is an all consuming event and one person producing great games can easily be overwhelmed by that event and all of the new customers. But my question is --why not return the game to the retailer? Unless you ordered it from Stronghold Games directly?

The Summary: Give peace a chance and give Stephen a chance.

Cheers,
Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.