Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
enes kadioglu
Turkey
izmir
bayrakli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to play this game in solo?

Any plan for offical solo variants?

Thnaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenes35 wrote:

Thnaks.

The only way I could see it working would be through a complex flow chart like the COIN series games use. That would require an immense amount of work and I don't know if either Wade or Knightworks have the time to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
kenes35 wrote:

Thnaks.

The only way I could see it working would be through a complex flow chart like the COIN series games use. That would require an immense amount of work and I don't know if either Wade or Knight Works have the time to do it.

I agree with Jason that to do it right would take a considerable amount of time.

You could deal 5 cards each Era to a ghost player. At the top of each turn, you would flip the card and play the event. It would not be perfect, but it would allow you to simulate another player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, it depends on what you mean by "solo variant"

When I first got the game I set it up for four players and tried to play each player optimally while trying to "forget" what I knew was in each other hand. It wasn't a game, but I loved it so much I set it up the next night and did it again. In all I think I've "played" this way 4 or 5 times. The first time was purely to learn the rules so I could teach it, but it was so engaging I've played it solo more than I've actually gotten it to the table with others.

I guess it came down to learning the game, and about what the game is about, and for me that was a fun and engaging experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meat Popsicle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe this is a candidate for trying it with The Solo System. I don't know anything about Forged in Steel, but if there are hand cards I think The Solo System indicates that you need to play with cards face up, but the system handles, with your help, the decisions of the other players.

Sounds like The Dave is doing something similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.