Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

p. 14
Buy up to two goods cubes available on island sites and place them in your ship(s).....

Must I take the one goods cube available on a specific site
OR
May I take two goods cubes even though they are a different sites on the same island?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
59 4 76(!!) 14 7 52
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy up to two cubes from locations where you have ships. A location is a space on the main board, and so encompasses every particular site on an island. So you can buy two cubes from the same island (but different sites on that island) with one ship at that island. You could instead buy one cube each from two different islands so long as you have a ship at each.

(Note in the example on page 14 that Blue wanted to buy two goods from a single island, but was prevented from doing so due to the lack of cubes present -- not because the rules wouldn't have allowed it had both cubes been there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasrobb wrote:
Must I take the one goods cube available on a specific site
OR
May I take two goods cubes even though they are a different sites on the same island?

I'm not sure what you meant by the first question. The general rules are:
1) You can only buy the goods that are available (ie, on sites on the map board). Each site produces one good each winter -- and when it's gone, it's gone (at least for trade purposes) until the following winter.
2) Your ships can only buy from sites with which they share a space. You can buy from several sites on the same island, as long as you have at least one ship there, and you can buy from several islands as long as you have a ship at each island.
3) The number of goods you can buy limits your total purchase (ie, two goods total, not per ship). But you can share that limit between your ships as you see fit. (Note that this becomes more important if you use an advisor that increases the number of goods you can buy.)
4) Goods go into the hold of any ship in the space in which they are bought, space permitting (a ship can only carry goods up to it's hold value). You can dump cargo to make room.

Hopefully something that one of us said answers your question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you guys

Knowing that I can get two goods from the same island (providing they are present) was what I was looking for - I was afrad i was at one site, and could only get one good

having the whole island to buy goods from makes a huge difference!

thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasrobb wrote:

Thank you guys

Knowing that I can get two goods from the same island (providing they are present) was what I was looking for - I was afrad i was at one site, and could only get one good

having the whole island to buy goods from makes a huge difference!

thanks again

There should never be more than one good on a specific site on an island, and you may only buy those goods that are physically present on the island (meaning there is a cube on a site, not just that the site produces that good).

This, of course, can be changed based on various powers and effects in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.