4 Posts

Junk Art» Forums » General

Subject: Too many points in Home Town? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Groves
msg tools
designer
I feel like Home Town gives too many fans relative to other game modes, which give at most 5 points.

You receive the 5/3/1 based on height then the bonus fan for placing same color/shape. There is the up to -5 penalty for fallen pieces, but the majority of that usually hits the person whose structure collapsed so they didn't have that many points to lose in the first place.

(I think our first Home Town was something like 15/8/2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cormier
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Originally the base game was just the Home Town mode and then when you finished Home Town - you'd go out on a World Tour and play with the other cities. Then we decided to just include it in the World Tour as well and let players decide whether or not they'd like to include it.

Thanks for asking...and playing!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Groves
msg tools
designer
I see. That makes sense. I like Home Town but I'll probably just play it separate from the others. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cormier
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually play with Home Town as the last city. It makes for a good "catch-up city" for anyone trailing in scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.