Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played Liberty with a newbie. The results were unlike any session I've ever played.

1775: Both sides built up their armies, unable to take any decisive action.

1776: The British began their offensive with two landings. Charleston fell, but at new York dragoons and Morgan's riflemen drove Cornwallis back.

1777: The French joined the American side. Howe finally evacuated Boston, brining his forces to Baltimore. The French mass a large fleet in the West Indies.

1778: A small British army landed in New Brunswick, but was forced to retreat after a sharp fight. After several naval battles, the French fleet is mostly destroyed, giving Britain naval supremacy.

1779: The Americans retake Baltimore, only to lose New York. Gates's invasion of Canada is rebuffed, but not a disaster. Carleton dares not press forward into northern New York.

1780: The British solidify control over the Middle colonies, but the French are able to take back their West Indies possessions, while a small American army in North Carolina is successful in repulsing an invasion.

1781: Britain, unable to sustain a war effort on three fronts, submits.

This is the first session of Liberty that I have lost, in no small part because my opponent was a fast learner and the French came early. I think the main thing to hurt me was dice though. Neither of us managed to inflict many losses, and in the end that favors the Americans more. I also drew poorly early on, so I couldn't effectively strike the Americans before the French came.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.