Subject: Question regarding the Trogs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Burdess
United States
Rogers
Arkansas
flag msg tools
When Trogs move into a region with a Trog War Party or Nest token, do they trigger the token and additional Trogs get placed there? We've been playing that Trog tokens (of either kind) are only triggered by other player's minis. Have we been getting it wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get additional Trogs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Humans, Pilgrims, and Machines must stop when they enter a region with a Trog token or an enemy unit.

As I understand it, Trog units don't have to stop. The act of moving into and/or through a region with Trog tokens, active the tokens. So the Trog player can just skip their way around the map activating the tokens as they go. Spawning Trog Units and crystals all over the place and claiming territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XShrike wrote:
Humans, Pilgrims, and Machines must stop when they enter a region with a Trog token or an enemy unit.

As I understand it, Trog units don't have to stop. The act of moving into and/or through a region with Trog tokens, active the tokens. So the Trog player can just skip their way around the map activating the tokens as they go. Spawning Trog Units and crystals all over the place and claiming territory.

You're absolutely right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XShrike wrote:

You can, but only in your subsequent turn.

Rule book - Move wrote:
If your Unit enters a Region with an opponent’s Units, a Trog War Party token or a Trog Nest token, the Unit must stop moving and cannot Move again this turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
greasedonkey wrote:
XShrike wrote:

You can, but only in your subsequent turn.

Rule book - Move wrote:
If your Unit enters a Region with an opponent’s Units, a Trog War Party token or a Trog Nest token, the Unit must stop moving and cannot Move again this turn

I think the trog specific rules say something else? And anyway, even if that unit stops you could just use a trog from the token you just resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flame112 wrote:
I think the trog specific rules say something else? And anyway, even if that unit stops you could just use a trog from the token you just resolved.

You are right! Page 13

Quote:
If a Trog Unit enters a Region with a Trog War Party/
Nest token, immediately reveal the token and place
all Crystals and Trog Units as usual. These Units
are available to the Trog player for use, even during
the current Movement Action if there are remaining
Movement Points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up question to this about a 4 player game.

The rules state that if a player moves into an area with a Trog Token they resolve it. If it needs to place trogs but there isn't any placed (due to none being in the reserve) the player loses a unit.

Fine, all good with that.

What if the trogs move into an area with a trog Token and there isn't enough to place any? Do they still have to lose one?

Thansk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:

The rules state that if a player moves into an area with a Trog Token they resolve it. If it needs to place trogs but there isn't any placed (due to none being in the reserve) the player loses a unit.

What if the trogs move into an area with a trog Token and there isn't enough to place any? Do they still have to lose one?

Thansk

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:

Thansk

No

Thank you Grant!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.