Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son noticed today that if you take the Curse of Poisoning literally, its effect is exponential. The wording is "While displayed, after you reset your hand, recharge a random card for each Curse of Poisoning next to your deck."

So if you have 2 of them, they each make you recharge 2 cards. Does anyone know if that was how it is meant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you're saying.

No, that is not my understanding.

I think you only execute the directive once -- you recharge a random card for each Curse of Poisoning you have. You don't execute that command separately for each Curse of Poisoning.

I'll cross-post on the Paizo forum to be sure.

Paizo thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it is 1 card per curse. So, 2 Curses, 2 cards. 3 Curses, 3 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
mbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
I'm pretty sure it is 1 card per curse. So, 2 Curses, 2 cards. 3 Curses, 3 cards.

That is exactly how I understand it as well.

- K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He says it in a roundabout way, but Vic Wertz, the guy in charge, says you just recharge 1 card for each Curse of Poisoning:

Paizo thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woods
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Between the two forums I'm still confused.

Should I be interpreting the card as "So long as a curse is displayed do this thing (once)?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 1 or more Curse of Poisoning displayed, then after you reset your hand, count how many Curse of Poisonings you have displayed. Recharge the same number of cards from your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.