8 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Minuteglass defect rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Phan
msg tools
mb
I found a small plastic bead inside my minuteglass. It just so happens to be the perfect size to be able to slide into the neck and "stop time". =P

Just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue. I've already filed a ticket with Riot's customer support. No response for 2 days, though. =/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty unfortunate.

We'll be able to get you a new timer. The amount of tickets we've been processing (combined with the Canadian refunds) has increased our response time on tickets and they're just taking longer than we'd prefer. We're trying to get through them as quick as we can, it's just taking time.

But I'm confident this will get sorted. The time is for 40 seconds if you want to use a workaround until your new hourglass arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting.

I found a small plastic bead on the table whilst we were playing - I wonder where in the box it came from, and how it ended up inside your timer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is it possible to just open it up and remove the ball, then glue it back together?

Not ideal that you have to of course, but if it can fix the problem without consuming more plastic and shipping costs it might be worthwhile. Also might be quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

We'll be able to get you a new timer. The amount of tickets we've been processing (combined with the Canadian refunds) has increased our response time on tickets and they're just taking longer than we'd prefer. We're trying to get through them as quick as we can, it's just taking time.

But I'm confident this will get sorted. The time is for 40 seconds if you want to use a workaround until your new hourglass arrives.

So it's not actually intended to be a minute? I haven't even read my rules or played my game yet. But I did test out the minute glass and thought it was a lot shorter than a minute. Good to hear it's not supposed to be a minute, I guess. Was planning to time it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

So it's not actually intended to be a minute? I haven't even read my rules or played my game yet. But I did test out the minute glass and thought it was a lot shorter than a minute. Good to hear it's not supposed to be a minute, I guess. Was planning to time it.

There's a spot in the rulebook where they mention that it's 40 seconds but calling it a "40 Secondglass" wasn't as catchy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly, time in Runeterra runs faster than here on Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I like it. That's why my team takes 1 full minute to kill baron, while the enemy team does it in 5 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.