Popular Tags: [View All]
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Here are the channels where you can buy a copy of NT from the remaining publisher inventory:

BGG https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1033729

eBay http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B003XKZCYS&isA...=

The price is the same for all of them. eBay and Amazon support international sales, but BGG is US-only, since (regrettably) I have no reasonably priced way to internationally ship games sold on BGG. (The Geek does, however get a commission from BGG sales, which is a good thing and worth thinking about.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brueckner
Germany
Loerrach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you could ask that kind of prize for a game on default, would you be able to re-start your business?

May sound crazy, but why not aim for a premium game segment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
millenium_baby wrote:
So if you could ask that kind of prize for a game on default, would you be able to re-start your business?

May sound crazy, but why not aim for a premium game segment.

Not to be dismissive of Rachel's games, as I've not played one yet. Napoleon's Triumph is on its way here.

I don't think that we can offer meaningful business suggestions, we're a niche in a niche in a niche. That's a very small and often unpredictable consumer base.

I also expect that this would not work in the long rung, this worked with Napoleon's Triumph because of its reputation, a great game, that just doesn't receive this kind of reception, for whatever reason, could prove a very costly mistake.

Again, this is not meant to disparage Rachel from restarting the business. I think that's a great idea! I just don't think she should be taking advice from any of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bowen wrote:
Here are the channels (...)

Good luck!

Once I was proud owner of NT, which I consider the most beautiful game ever produced. But I couldn't bend my head around the rules. My bad, there are many who truly enjoy the game. In the end I sold it to a friend, who is probably even happier with it once he sees the value today.

Anyway, I still have BaM. Almost as beautiful!

Thank you Rachel for these stunning games. I hope that one day you'll be back with another one, which I hope to be a bit lighter but with the same esthetic appeal.

All the best,
JS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hansen
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I'm glad that Rachel has put this dead stock into the market, but I'm disappointed that she's set the price at 150. I'm sure she has her reasons, but I've been playing my one copy of NT for the last six years or so, terrified that I would do damage to it and need a replacement and not be able to get one. This price point sadly doesn't relieve that fear. I guess it's all the more reason to play carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Deniz Bucak
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
As Above, So Below
badge
My books are forgeries. Nobody wrote them. - Philip K. Dick
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game, well worth the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hansen
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Agreed. I just don't have the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Labelle
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I taught a group to play and we did a team game that went very well. One of the guys afterward went to an auction and paid $200 for his own copy and told me he was hesitant to open it because he knew he could flip it for more money. In the end he kept it. I think $150 is a very fair price. Rachel could have set a $200 price tag and it still would sell. $300 was the amount you would pay elsewhere before this offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathMosque wrote:
I'm glad that Rachel has put this dead stock into the market, but I'm disappointed that she's set the price at 150. I'm sure she has her reasons, but I've been playing my one copy of NT for the last six years or so, terrified that I would do damage to it and need a replacement and not be able to get one. This price point sadly doesn't relieve that fear. I guess it's all the more reason to play carefully.

I mean . . . what do you do to your games when you're not playing carefully?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hansen
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
scifiantihero wrote:
DeathMosque wrote:

Shit happens. Drinks spill. Boards wear down. It sucks to think that my copy of NT will have to last me 60 years.

Certainly not Rachel's problem. Hopefully I can muster the scratch before her stock runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Brother" Eicher
United States
Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rachel makes the hi-res image of the board available for download. I got a full-size canvas print of the board for about $65. Canvas is a lot more durable. Now all you have to worry about is not losing the wooden pieces. (Which are NOT very replaceable)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathMosque wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
DeathMosque wrote:

Shit happens. Drinks spill. Boards wear down. It sucks to think that my copy of NT will have to last me 60 years.

Certainly not Rachel's problem. Hopefully I can muster the scratch before her stock runs out.

I think wear can add character to a game. One of my favorite games in my collection is my extremly worn copy of Merchant of Venus that I bought new the year it came out. I have a near mint copy, but prefer my trusty old beat up copy any day over it. I may not get 60 years out of it, but I've gotten nearly 30 so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brothereicher wrote:
Rachel makes the hi-res image of the board available for download. I got a full-size canvas print of the board for about $65. Canvas is a lot more durable. Now all you have to worry about is not losing the wooden pieces. (Which are NOT very replaceable)

What? Some 1/4" square dowel material, blue and red paint and a white paint marker. Done-ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Brother" Eicher
United States
Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm not the crafty kind. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteyWA wrote:

What? Some 1/4" square dowel material, blue and red paint and a white paint marker. Done-ski

I went down this path years ago for a variant. Each step is simple enough but time consuming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dandelion
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
Dandelion, Dandelion
badge
and more Dandelion
mb
THank you, Rahcel. A fair price, and its generous of you to make the game available again.

Bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.