Hide
14 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does lvl 3 fuel tank work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trev C
msg tools
Does it just blow everything up around you each turn, as part of your command line? I understand the damage mitigation, but in it's normal use, does it damage everything up to 3 range? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
It only blows up if you're using it as damage mitigation. Otherwise, it just makes you turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
It only blows up if you're using it as damage mitigation. Otherwise, it just makes you turn.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trev C
msg tools
And it does no damage? Oh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the wording of the first question I think there might be some misunderstanding.

The Fuel Tank card only performs turns while it is in your command line. If you are about to draw damage card(s) for this mech, you can instead discard the fuel tank and each card in the stack underneath it to deal damage at ranges 1, 2, and 3 depending on its current level. It is not a recurring effect each turn. It's one shot and gone forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuel tank would be insanely OP if it exploded every turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Temelin wrote:
It is not a recurring effect each turn. It's one shot and gone forever.

Clarification: the whole stack under the fuel tank will also be discarded leaving an empty programming slot.

Edit: Just saw it was mentioned in that post...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, this wasn't clear to me that you discard the whole stack when it mitigates. Would be helpful if it said on the card to discard the command slot or something other than "discard this card".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EntropyGuardian wrote:
Oh, this wasn't clear to me that you discard the whole stack when it mitigates. Would be helpful if it said on the card to discard the command slot or something other than "discard this card".

It doesn't say "discard this card". It says "scrap this Fuel Tank card stack". Seems pretty darn clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Do you have to turn every time whether or not the fuel tank goes off? It was a bit unclear to us on the card whether you only turned when you were about to take damage, or every turn the slot came up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melric wrote:
Do you have to turn every time whether or not the fuel tank goes off? It was a bit unclear to us on the card whether you only turned when you were about to take damage, or every turn the slot came up.

Yes, you do have to Turn every time the card is executed (although at Level 3, you can turn to be facing the same way you were already facing).

This is the same as every other Turn Command card from the other elements. Every Turn card has a turn action, and something special it can do that is unique to that element. The Turn action happens whenever the card is executed in your Program. The additional thing may be part of the program, or may be specified to have a different timing. These are summarised as follows:

Fire (Red): Fuel Tank - Turn whenever executed in program. Additionally, if attacked, you can discard the stack to avoid damage and damage minions within certain ranges.

Computery (Green): Memory Core - Turn whenever executed in program. Additionally, during the draft, you get to draw a certain number of extra cards.

Metal (Blue): Scythe - Turn whenever executed in program. Additionally, after turning, attack a certain number of targets at range 1 afterwards.

Electric (Yellow): Cyclotron - Turn whenever executed in program. Additionally, after turning, attack all units diagonal from your Mech at certain range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario T
msg tools
mbmbmb
As long as the card (or cards) is on your command line, when it's time to execute the commands you must turn (according to the level). However if for the minions attack phase you decide to use it for the damage mitigation, you must scrap the card (or cards) meaning you'll discard them (now you'll have an empty slot in your command line).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A P
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
mb
My confusion over the fuel tank is that the turn instructions come after a bold heading that goes something like: "If you are about to take damage". It was not clear to me that the turn operations were not conditional on the "you are about to take damage." I would have flipped those sections and had the blow up part follow the turn operations to make it clearer. Thematically I thought the blowing up caused the change in direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Magallanes
msg tools
You execute the players command lines before you would move to minion phase. So in this regard fuel tanks special ability does not hinder you from turning your mech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.