Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popular Culture
Australia
Canberra
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi,

I noticed in the online sales lists that they say that the cubs are plastic. Was there an addition of the game where the moneys--gold,silver etc, where metal? I saw a play through where it looked like they where using metal cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy metal cubes from the BGG store but I prefer the plastic ones that come with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Sherrard
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cubes are plastic, but are finished to have a shiny metallic look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cubes that come with the game seem to be lightweight plastic with metallic paint (which chips off on the corners every play just from being drawn and put back into the common pool in a silicone muffin cup).

Love the game, but different colored cubes of the same size for resources might have been a better choice as the smaller ones can be tedious to manage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icarusmustburn wrote:
The cubes that come with the game seem to be lightweight plastic with metallic paint (which chips off on the corners every play just from being drawn and put back into the common pool in a silicone muffin cup).

Love the game, but different colored cubes of the same size for resources might have been a better choice as the smaller ones can be tedious to manage.

The cubes are manufactured in a way that one corder on each cube can't be completely covered in metal, so it's not a bad quality cube, it's the way they are manufactured. They usually stay as they are in normal use, so this is nothing your usage has made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then why do most of the cubes not have the chipped corners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
icarusmustburn wrote:
Then why do most of the cubes not have the chipped corners?

All of them do.
However, note that only ONE corner is chipped, not all of them, so there is a good chance you don't even notice it.

Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will check again when home, but I had to search for an example earlier. Perhaps the unpainted corners are smaller on some than others. It's no big deal to me and I am glad to hear it is a manufacturing limitation, rather than a durability issue.

Some folks had claimed the cubes were metal. Just wanted to debunk that myth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bernath
Sweden
Stockholm
Bromma
flag msg tools
New to the community, be kind!
badge
Lemme' know if you want to get together for a couple of games!
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:
You can buy metal cubes from the BGG store but I prefer the plastic ones that come with the game.

How many cubes are in the game, like how many packs would one need to get from the BGG store?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nbernath wrote:
BitJam wrote:

How many cubes are in the game, like how many packs would one need to get from the BGG store?

I would say that 2 bags of gold, 1-2 bags of silver and 3-4 bags of bronze would do. A bag is 30 cubes, the game contains a total of 200 cubes according to contents, I think the distribution is about 100 bronze, 30 silver and 70 gold.

A gold represents 10, silver 5 and bronze 1 resources in the game, so you usually don't need that many silver cubes as bronze and gold ones.

Edit: Although, I personally don't see the need to actually replace the original cubes. they are in great condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.