Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wood For Sheep is hosting a Markham/GTA No-Ship Math Trade on Sunday November 20th, 2016.

The Math Trade geeklist can be found here

Key Dates:
Submissions Deadline: Sunday, November 13, 2016 after 10pm
Want Lists Deadline: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 11pm
Results: Will be posted ASAP after the Want List Deadline.

Trade Date & Location
Where: Wood For Sheep Markham Game Centre
When: Sunday November 20th, 2016
Time: 3:00pm ~ 3:30pm - drop off games
3:30pm ~ 4:00pm - pick up new games

Please post any questions or concerns in this thread.

Thanks for participating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Hello, I'm new to Math Trade but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add my "For Trades" and "Wants". I have a BGG account with my collection. I've synced up my data to the Math Tool.

I don't know what to do next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricesteam wrote:
Hello, I'm new to Math Trade but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add my "For Trades" and "Wants". I have a BGG account with my collection. I've synced up my data to the Math Tool.

- Go into the math trade (using the link you used to get to the sync)
- Find this math trade and click on the link
- click on the icon of a Box with a green plus, and it will let you start adding your games
- you can choose to get it to show your "for trade" items in your collection first, and then for each one you can add some text about edition, language, condition, sweeteners (if necessary) and then click to post them one at a time to the Geeklist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Cool thanks!

What about my "Wants in Trade"?

MaltmanJ wrote:
Ricesteam wrote:

- Go into the math trade (using the link you used to get to the sync)
- Find this math trade and click on the link
- click on the icon of a Box with a green plus, and it will let you start adding your games
- you can choose to get it to show your "for trade" items in your collection first, and then for each one you can add some text about edition, language, condition, sweeteners (if necessary) and then click to post them one at a time to the Geeklist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one of the other icons, but you should wait a few days at least before you start marking them, because the list only syncs maybe 1-2 times per day (manually by the organizer).

Did you read the instructions for that part? It's a little harder to explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricesteam wrote:

I found watching the videos that are linked in the main trade thread, to be very helpful. I think there's also some from Rahdo as well that are good.

Once you get the hang of it, it is fairly easy but the videos help a lot to lessen the learning curve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mercurial cc
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dreadknot69 wrote:
some from Rahdo as well that are good.

rahdo's math trade videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmQverenaaqLtR4-oTtXF...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hoang
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the help.

I figured out how to add items I want to trade, but how do I add items I want? Or are wants done automatically via my BGG collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricesteam wrote:
...but how do I add items I want? Or are wants done automatically via my BGG collection?

That would be "Step 3" in the Online Want List Generator, the OLWLG.

You don't add your "wants in trade" games, but rather you add games that other people have listed in this particular math trade. Your BGG account "wants in trade" list has nothing to do with math trades (except one function, see Jamie's post below mine). A Math trade "want list" is entirely separate, and is managed separately still for each individual math trade.

Please read/watch the Math Trade Tutorials, it really DOES answer all your questions. I learned this way, and it's really easy.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-tut...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One clarification:

Your BGG Want in Trade (and Want to Play, owned, prev owned, etc) are all colour coded in the list you'll go through to add items to your Want list. So it's useful as a sort of flag, but doesn't do anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.