flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice Masters Little Cup Tournament

Friday, November 18th

9:30: Sign Up and Match Randomizing
10 am: Play Starts
Banned Cards: See list below.
Prizes: OP Bombshell cards. First 10 participants get the Alt. Art Mera. Additional cards for top finishers.
New First Turn Rule In Effect!!: As of November 11th, 1st player will draw and roll 3 dice on their first turn, and put their 4th die into out of play/transition. Everything proceeds normally after that.

The Little Cup Format

Participants will bring a pre-constructed Team of 8 cards/20 dice, and 2 basic actions. All cards used must be common or from starter sets. No uncommon, zero rare, definitely no super rare, and OP cards are completely out of the question. EXCEPTION: OP Basic Action cards are allowed, since both players have the opportunity to buy the dice.Check the common banned cards below. Want to encourage creativity, and discourage overpowered meta.

Tournament will be 3-4 rounds, depending on the number of players. Games will Have a 25 minute time limit, with 3 turns after time ends. If a player has not won the game At the end of the three turns, then the player with the most life remaining wins.

This is an event to have fun, and meet other Dice Masters players. Hope to see you there.

Banned List:
Half-Elf Bard-Master Lords Alliance
Vicious Struggle
Guy Gardner - Blinding Rage
Swords of Revealing Light
Relentless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Spencer
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there! Thanks for organizing Craig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope we get a little more interest. Last year was lots of fun.

And there is prize support for a free event! You can't beat that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested, just haven't had much playtime invested... so I'll be using some silly theme deck. or not reacting properly to common combos, or something similar. Still, I'll probably join in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Spencer
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry! I'm not any good at this game and I'm definitely bringing a silly theme deck!

Kaiwolf wrote:
I'm interested, just haven't had much playtime invested... so I'll be using some silly theme deck. or not reacting properly to common combos, or something similar. Still, I'll probably join in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaiwolf wrote:

You should join in, and don't worry about the strength of your team. This is just for fun, which is why we do common/starter only. Your team will do just fine, and even if you lose every game, you still play AND get a prize card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in if I remember and get there on time (kidding about the time, the time is great).

I've only ever played with my 10yo son and that was back when AvX first released. I may need to see if Jake can give me a refresher when I sell him 80% of my Dice Masters collection. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Spencer
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can give a refresher on the rules but my friend keeps handily defeating the team I thought I'd bring for this. You may want to look elsewhere for strategy pointers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
jakespencer wrote:
I can give a refresher on the rules but my friend keeps handily defeating the team I thought I'd bring for this. You may want to look elsewhere for strategy pointers!

If it makes you feel any better, I put a team together and my 7 year old son helped me test it against a team I threw together for him. He had never played before and he beat me. It probably wasn't a good test since he doesn't understand the concept of leaving a blocker.

I think I might just switch to the team I threw together for him anyhow. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated the event rules to incorporate the big change in Dice Masters. New rule to address the first turn advantage!

"...the player who goes first start[s] with a single die out of play and only draw[s] 3 dice from their bag."

When rolling to see who goes first, the winning player chooses if they will go first or second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small update to the rules. OP Basic Actions are allowed, since both players can purchase the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Spencer
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Craig, this was a ton of fun and one of the highlights of BGG.Con for me! Thank you again for putting it together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear you had fun. I really enjoyed meeting you guys and getting games in. Hope to do it again next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
jakespencer wrote:
Craig, this was a ton of fun and one of the highlights of BGG.Con for me! Thank you again for putting it together!

Yes, I finally got to play Dice Masters against grown-ups with their own teams!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you guys had a good time, that's awesome to hear!

As someone who couldn't make it to BGGCon, I know that Wizkids had a presence there. Did anyone here go, and what (if anything) did they have there that was Dice Masters related?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werewolf Kai Jason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coopasonic wrote:
jakespencer wrote:

Yes, I finally got to play Dice Masters against grown-ups with their own teams!

Don't go calling us names, now!

I had a great time and worked hard to come in dead last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Spencer
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not stop by the WizKids booth but someone who was playing this event was talking about it. Apparently the only Dice Masters they had was the TMNT set. The first one, not the unreleased one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakespencer wrote:
I did not stop by the WizKids booth but someone who was playing this event was talking about it. Apparently the only Dice Masters they had was the TMNT set. The first one, not the unreleased one!

Weird. Thanks anyways!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Marshall
United States
Anna
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pk2317 wrote:
jakespencer wrote:

Weird. Thanks anyways!

This is correct. WizKids booth was pretty small, and primarily their D&D table top stuff (not Dice Masters). They did have the the TMNT Dice Masters box. No starters, no packs. Kinda bummed, because I assumed they would have some Deadpool, since it dropped the day the Con started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.