The Guardians: Explore» Forums » General

Subject: Very Confused About Card List rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My card list doesn't at all match up with what the instructions say.

I have guesses as how to handle all but #5 and especially #6.

Thanks so much!

1. The book says 12 super cards. I have 25; I have 2 sets of 12 of the same card, half of which have smaller text and slightly more art. I also have exactly 1 of "Fort Master Roger"

2. I have 2 sets of 5 explore cards, half of which have slightly larger art and smaller text.

3. I have a totally unlabeled, unmentioned card; it has similar art to Fort Master Roger, which I am assuming is the "Master Fort" referenced by that card?

4. I only have one Guardian Aid card, and the book says I ought to have 3.

5. I have 78, not 72, regular Guardian Cards. 4 of these are more big-art duplicates; but that still leaves me with an extra 2, and I couldn't begin to guess which 2 are extra.

6. I only have 19, not 22, second wave monster cards. This one is the most concerning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
It's an icon
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, i'm confused as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been realized that there were errors in the card list and Preconstructed Decks. An updated version is available here:

http://www.theguardiansexplore.com/how-to-play.php

Also, I will mention that for the "Super" cards that the list references, I think that count is only representing the versions that have the bold text at the top and orb in the top right corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bapenrose wrote:
It has been realized that there were errors in the card list and Preconstructed Decks. An updated version is available here:

http://www.theguardiansexplore.com/how-to-play.php

Also, I will mention that for the "Super" cards that the list references, I think that count is only representing the versions that have the bold text at the top and orb in the top right corner.

This totally answers all my questions; thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
ignorantpenguin wrote:

1. The book says 12 super cards. I have 25; I have 2 sets of 12 of the same card, half of which have smaller text and slightly more art. I also have exactly 1 of "Fort Master Roger"

You'll notice that the cards rarity and count shows that there is 1 card for each super-- no duplicates. So, the duplicates you have are options-- more art, or larger text. Only play with one set (I only use larger text). You also should have 13 counting the Fort Master.

ignorantpenguin wrote:
2. I have 2 sets of 5 explore cards, half of which have slightly larger art and smaller text.

Ditto the above. Pg. 4 has ** and mentions there are 21 extended art cards.

ignorantpenguin wrote:
3. I have a totally unlabeled, unmentioned card; it has similar art to Fort Master Roger, which I am assuming is the "Master Fort" referenced by that card?

yes, it is the master fort.

ignorantpenguin wrote:
4. I only have one Guardian Aid card, and the book says I ought to have 3

Not sure if you have a first run printing, but pg. 4 of the book #7 says 1 coyp of the Guardian Aid card. It should be 1, there's no need for more.

ignorantpenguin wrote:
5. I have 78, not 72, regular Guardian Cards. 4 of these are more big-art duplicates; but that still leaves me with an extra 2, and I couldn't begin to guess which 2 are extra.

I can only guess. Each card tells you how many of them you should have. That should solve this mystery for you.

ignorantpenguin wrote:
6. I only have 19, not 22, second wave monster cards. This one is the most concerning.

You should have 19, again this is what's written on Pg. 4 for me. Did you get a Kick Starter version maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SaintHax wrote:

Not sure if you have a first run printing, but pg. 4 of the book #7 says 1 coyp of the Guardian Aid card. It should be 1, there's no need for more.

You should have 19, again this is what's written on Pg. 4 for me. Did you get a Kick Starter version maybe?

Per these two, I must have a weird printing. I bought my copy at a local store but yeah, maybe I just have an earlier printing.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Ruland
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thank you Nathan Stiles for seeing this before I did!

ignorantpenguin wrote:

12 of them are extended artwork promotional cards. Use those if you like, once you're familiar with the cards effects. The 25th card is the special Kickstarter Unlocked card Fort Master Roger. Giving you 13 unique super cards to play with.

ignorantpenguin wrote:

These are also extended artwork promotional cards. Use them if you wish, or stick to the original card design ones.

ignorantpenguin wrote:

You are correct! The unlabeled card is the Master Fort. Once you play Fort Master Roger, you replace your normal red/blue/green/yellow/black fort with this one.

ignorantpenguin wrote:
4. I only have one Guardian Aid card, and the book says I ought to have 3.

In the earlier rush copy of the game there was 3 Guardian Aid cards which stated "practice trash," "guardian supply," and "guardian trash" on them. You have 1 guardian aid board that covers all these.

ignorantpenguin wrote:

The extra 2 are Apprentice Luke and Apprentice Claire. Like Fort Master Roger they were added from Kickstarter $500 tier backers.

ignorantpenguin wrote:

In final testing it was determined to reduce the amount of warlocks in the 2nd wave of monsters by 3. This makes it less likely to create a warlock overrun in the early stages of the game and makes it more friendly to new players. That's the difference you see here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.