Hide
5 Posts

Pirate's Cove» Forums » Rules

Subject: Final turn at treasure island conflict rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike G
msg tools
I just finished a game that resulted in myself and 2 other players on treasure Island with the Legendary Pirate(LP) being the Cacafuego ship on the last turn. The rules state 2 things
1. Players battle for the loot on the Cacafuego ship.
2. Player Pirates NEVER battle each other at treasure Island.

Which is followed? Is the loot just split? If a battle happens do the 2 losing ships go to Pirates cove and not be allowed to turn in whatever treasure is onboard? Don't forget this is our last turn.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:

The Cacafuego is defenseless against attack. Player pirates
battle each other to determine who can pilfer the great riches
of this floating treasure chest

and also:

No player-to-player combat
on Treasure Island
Rival player pirates have a long-standing gentlemen’s
agreement never to fight each other on Treasure Island.

Our interpretation:
The Cacafuego on Treasure Island will only provide Fame points if one player shows up. The other functions of treasure island remain intact. As it is the last turn, presumably all players will want to bury treasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
msg tools
Thanks for your interpretation.
Just to clarify what you believe it to be is: if 2 ships are at treasure Island with the Cacafuego, nobody gets the loot/fame because player vs player battles can't happen on that island? We should just bury our treasure and end the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mb
Paikololo wrote:
Thanks for your interpretation.
Just to clarify what you believe it to be is: if 2 ships are at treasure Island with the Cacafuego, nobody gets the loot/fame because player vs player battles can't happen on that island? We should just bury our treasure and end the game?

I don't have a rules justification for saying this, but I think that makes sense as well. The players battle for it, but they can't (which seems more overarching), so no one gets it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
msg tools
thanks for the replies! It is greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.