Hide
4 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk» Forums » General

Subject: Number of new omen rooms? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred C
msg tools
After counting the room tiles after one of our playthroughs, it seems like the expansion added 8 new omen cards, but only 5 new omen rooms, with the ? mark space allowing you to potentially get one more omen. That would leave 2 omen cards at the bottom of the deck unable to be drawn.

There are multiple haunts in the original game that require multiple omens for the heroes to use/find in order to win. It looks like some of the old haunts are very hard (or in our case, impossible) for the heroes to win, as there wouldn't be enough rooms to discover all the omens, and the omen needed could just be at the bottom of the deck.

In the first game, there were 13 omen and 13 omen rooms, so it seemed deliberate to have them match. I understand that randomness is a major point of Betrayal, but it seems silly that some games could become theoretically impossible to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.

Great question. Subscribed. Geekgolded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
Even in base game, if something makes you place a tile without "discovering" it, you wouldn't draw its card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:
Even in base game, if something makes you place a tile without "discovering" it, you wouldn't draw its card.

Because errata for the first edition changed such that icons in the new room do affect you (to prevent the possibility of no haunt), I play that icons for newly revealed rooms always affect you.

That's how oh first turn I got sucked through the walls, stumbled onto a wall switch, fell through a floor and landed inside the mystic elevator which ended adjacent to the collapsed room I feel through. Four rooms explored in the first turn of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.