Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. I just finished reading the rules and got to make a "solo playtest" simulating a 4 player game in order to be ready to explain the game to my group next week, and I got only one question in my mind after this 'play test':

The Outlaw Tycoon card says that I can look at 2 Tycoon cards from one player, Keep 1 and return the other. Does it mean that if the player only have 1 card, I can't play this card on him/her, or does it mean that I would look and keep this one card?

Comparing to Moonshine Angie ability, I ruled that we could not play this card on a player that only has 1 card, but I understand that in the feeling of the old west and the "semi take that" feeling of the game as well, being able to grab this one single card would make thematic sense.

So, can you guys clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance! Best regards to you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
You can take the one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
You can take the one card.

Thanks! However, in my first actual game with my group today, another question came through. I think I know the answer for this one, but since the group got divided by it, I decided to ask:

If I'm the one playing this card on another player, I should look randomly at 2 of their cards, right? My group said that the target player could choose which 2 cards to show me, what kinda make the card much less interesting than if it is randomly.

So, am I right? The player playing the card chooses 2 random cards, instead of the player choosing which of his 2 cards I would look, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. You get to choose two at random to look at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.