6 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dash Crew + Trickshot EPT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Chinn
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok so this is probably a straight forward one.

Do these two cards synergise? Someone at our club last night was putting a build together based around this combo and I'm not sure if it actually works the way he thinks it does?

Dash reads

"you may perform attacks while overlapping an obstacle. Your attacks cannot be obstructed"

Trick shot reads

"when attacking, if the attack is obstructed, you may roll 1 additional attack dice"

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmb
"Your attacks cannot be obstructed", so "if the attack is obstructed" never happens.

Is that what you're asking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Chinn
msg tools
mbmbmb
Pretty much, as i said one of the other guys thinks that the effects stack - so shooting through an asteroid granting +1 attack but no extra defence - but I don't think that's how the cards read.

I was just putting the question out there to see if anyone else had worked through the logic on this one

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
They don't stack. Dash Crew means Trick Shot never has the chance to trigger. It's written right there on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Chinn
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, that was what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something.

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your attack never get obstructed, so you never get the extra dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.