T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: How do you store your decks of cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J C
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I love the presentation of the expansion sets and elaborate boxes the cards come in, but if I have one criticism, it's that once you remove the shrink-wrap, there's no place to safely keep the cards. I am leery about wrapping them with rubber bands because of warping over time, so do any of you have a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Schaupp
Germany
Karlsbad
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use ziplock bags, which works perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Pe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I store them in plastic bags (zip bags). If the card stack is too high, I divide it into smaller stacks and use a couple of bags.

edit: got ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once we've completed a scenario, I wrap the cards up in plastic wrap before putting them back in the original box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for ziplocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i remember correctly, some has posted tuckboxes for the game and expansions in the files section. I plan on using them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Sherman
United States
Neenah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugo's amazing tape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fba827 fba827
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I let the kids decorate an old shoe box with images of various images from different eras. Then after completion of a scenario, the deck is ziplock-bagged and placed in the aforementioned shoe box.

Mind you, I still have the original expansions' boxes set aside in long term storage (aka the far back of the closet) in case I decide to change my storage later to incorporate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a Warby-Parker eyeglass store nearby I've found the boxes that their glasses come in to be just about perfect in terms of width and depth. They're a bit taller than the cards, but that just gives me room for game bits or some crushed paper filling. I'm sure they'd part with a spare box or two if you ask nicely.

I've used them when I print out fan-made expansions:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Pearce
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.