Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In rules: "If you pass through a monument when counting range, you must use it as a hub."

I agree with this here (green arrows):

But why I must use a hub (blue arrows), if I have other path without it (red arrows) here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the second case you do not need to use the hub (and I don't know why you should use it). Why do you think you must use it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
In the second case you do not need to use the hub (and I don't know why you should use it). Why do you think you must use it?

I guess it's the way it's implemented right now on boardgamecore. But I don't take part in the beta testing.

But based on the rules I agree, you don't have to use the hub.

edit:
As an explanation: In the second one you don't pass through the hub to count the range. So the rules are in fact quite clear, but it's better to read it like "you can use a hub to get to the craftsmen, if you do so you have to pay for the hub usage. If you don't need a hub to reach the craftsmen, just go for it".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:
I guess it's the way it's implemented right now on boardgamecore.

Yes. It works so now.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:
ringo84 wrote:

I guess it's the way it's implemented right now on boardgamecore. But I don't take part in the beta testing.

edit:
As an explanation: In the second one you don't pass through the hub to count the range. So the rules are in fact quite clear, but it's better to read it like "you can use a hub to get to the craftsmen, if you do so you have to pay for the hub usage. If you don't need a hub to reach the craftsmen, just go for it".

One of my favourite games will be implemented on BGC? surprise
That's great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
rePhil wrote:
ringo84 wrote:

edit:

One of my favourite games will be implemented on BGC? surprise
That's great news!

Yes! I bought the game at Essen this year and I'm quite hooked, too. Looking forward to try this online (and get my a** kicked).

Maybe Pard will create a new guild to start another tournament like in FCM. Fingers crossed it won't take 7 months to complete... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, I'll make new tournament - from the beginning of November to December 31. 2 players games - every player plays with every other players, until someone' 2 wins.

And may be second parallel tournament - with 4 players' games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool!

You should wait until the game is online for everybody and then make a thread to ask how many players are interested. Then we can set specific rules or the number of tournaments.

Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:
Yes! I bought the game at Essen this year and I'm quite hooked, too. Looking forward to try this online (and get my a** kicked).

Do not worry, I have played Great Zimbabwe about 10 times and I do not think that I can play it any better than in my first try. The game state is so complex that it is hard to estimate the effect of your actions. And this is a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ringo84 wrote:
it is hard to estimate the effect of your actions.

It's true only for 4-5 players games. Duels are the serious battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith

Cold Spring Harbor
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've enjoyed having my butt whooped by pard for several games : ) It was a great learning curve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.