Subject: Secondary Craftsman question? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taye T
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
which one is true?

1) Only the secondary craftsman needs to be in range of the monument ( but the primary one needs to be in range of the secondary)

OR

2) Both the secondary and the primary craftsmen need to be in range of the monument ( and the primary one in range of the secondary)

If i understand correctly the first one is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Yup you are right: the first one is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taye T
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are incorrect.

Primary craftsman need to be in range of his resources (without any hubs) and in range of the secondary craftsman (hubs are allowed), who needs resources (without any hubs) too (may use the same resources). You don't think about monuments at all and can build both craftsmen anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taye T
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You misunderstood the question. I was asking for the moment when you make a level 1 monument in a level 2 monument if only the secondary crafstmen needs to be in range of the monument or both the secondary and primary. I know the resources need to be in range of the craftsman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, sorry. Then the first is true, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pard wrote:
Ah, sorry. Then the first is true, of course.

Yes, but you can use hubs to "get" in range
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

I would have assumed that the second example was correct because of this part of the rules:

Quote:
To use a secondary craftsman, you must both pay the secondary craftsman and provide a primary ritual good to the secondary craftsman. To do so, you must reach and pay a primary craftsman of the corresponding type. The primary craftsman must be in range of the secondary craftsman.

I understood the "you" in the bolded part to mean your monument, not the secondary craftsman.

Though now, reading the example given just below in the rules, I see that it's just the secondary which needs to be in range of the monument. Good to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.