Hide
3 Posts

Arcadia: The Wyld Hunt» Forums » General

Subject: New website rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dark yeoman
msg tools
I've recently rediscovered the Arcadia cards I played with in the 1990s, and have since then also rediscovered how fun this game can be!

I've created a website about Arcadia, to gather some of the information, rules, and variants to the game I've found, and to discuss the game and connect with other players.

The website is at http://arcadiaccg.wordpress.com

The information on the site is not complete yet, but there is a lot there already. I'll be adding more soon (including variant rules to make solo play more exciting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Andrews
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great site! I'm looking forward to seeing the solo variants you mention over on Jackalwere's blog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dark yeoman
msg tools
Thanks. I am working on the solo rules at the moment. I'm hoping to add a bit more strategy to the solo game (in stead of being mostly based on luck), as that is one of the things I particularly like about the 2 player games. I have a basic idea, and some rough rules, but am currently play testing them, and adjusting them where they seem to make the game too difficult, easy, or weird. I think I'm making some progress! I'll let you know when I have a good draft. I'll probably look for some other players to test it before releasing it, to get some more feedback. Let me know if you are interested.

When we played this in the 1990s, we (or rather, the friend with whom I played this) developed a few additional solo variants. Initially we tried to develop those, but I ended up starting more or less from scratch, as we could not remember enough of those old rules. I'm taking some ideas from what we did then, but what I'm currently developing is mostly new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.