Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm an F1 fan. I want a game that plays to my F1 fandom. Tried Formula De . . . too sloow. The reviews on Grand Prix make me question it. First time I am seeing CFR is today.Before getting too excited, how well does it play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Schulz
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bias Disclaimer: I designed this you might suspect I like it.

Compared to Formula De CFR is much more strategic and tactical because there is a LOT less chance -- much more like chess than craps.

I have not played Grand Prix but have played Thunder Alley. I thought Thunder Alley was a good stock car game -- it was a good fun game and did a nice job modeling the importance of drafting and being in a group of cars. So I think Grand Prix will be a perfectly fine game (as it is largely the same mechanics) but not a terribly good simulation of F1.

For more, below is a link to my YouTube channel with some hoe to play tutorials and a couple videos of a 2-player demo race. Note that the game really shines with 6 or more. Two cars on an F1 track is a bit contrived, but it made for a quicker video.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG3Z8tjZNG4IKRGnmqo1RVA

In that vein, one of the things I'm most excited about is the Historical Driver rules that allow you to race against competitive automated drivers. This allows you to fill out a field with more cars or play solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll check it out . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hitting CSI" means we are cloer to production and delivery of the KickStarter?

fingers crossed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

What is CSI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucky henry wrote:

What is CSI?

Coolstuffinc.com and on closer inspection it is up on pre-order, not necessarily avaiable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this very similar in play to Speed Circuit or Le Mans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tsnouffer wrote:
lucky henry wrote:

What is CSI?

Coolstuffinc.com and on closer inspection it is up on pre-order, not necessarily avaiable.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
Isn't this very similar in play to Speed Circuit or Le Mans?

Yes. Championship Formula Racing (CFR) is a *direct* descendant of Speed Circuit. It's basically the next version of Speed Circuit with the addition of automated legendary drivers to race against if you want to. All Speed Circuit boards/tracks are compatible with CFR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tsnouffer wrote:
I'm an F1 fan. I want a game that plays to my F1 fandom. Tried Formula De . . . too sloow. The reviews on Grand Prix make me question it.

Don't know much about CFR, but the definitive F1 game is Race! Formula 90.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt
United States
Durango
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Below is latest news on the KS page

Quote:
We are just about ready to print! Over the past two weeks, we have been working with our graphic design team and printing partners to finalize our art assets to get the best quality visuals and materials possible. We had a slight slowdown to ensure the Historical Driver files are all accurate and up-to-date with Doug's specifications, but we are keeping ourselves on track for a November printing. We will keep everyone notified should there be any other minor delays, but we continue to anticipate a November release.

We will post another update shortly with some of the mentioned art assets to show you what's coming your way in the near future. We wanted to keep everyone on the same page as we near the end of October and get ready to assemble backers' packages!

So yes, we do appear to be closer. Get those orders in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spindoc wrote:
tsnouffer wrote:
I'm an F1 fan. I want a game that plays to my F1 fandom. Tried Formula De . . . too sloow. The reviews on Grand Prix make me question it.

Don't know much about CFR, but the definitive F1 game is Race! Formula 90.

I agree, Race! Formula 90 is an amazing game, but is more (much more) strategic. CFR, to me, is more TACTICAL. I'm waiting for my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramalingam Raghavan
India
CHENNAI
Tamilnadu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it worth having both Formula Race 90 and CFR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.