Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owen Duffy
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all.

Since you were so appreciative of the first one, here's the second one!

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/oct/28/the-boa...

Once again it's tilted towards games for quite a general audience, but I snuck in a rogue Euro, because I'm becoming a bit obsessed with it. Please do feel free to share and leave a comment, because that's how they measure "engagement" and decide whether to keep giving me a platform to spread the hobby.

If you like my writing and want to help out a great cause, don't forget that you can become my editor and commission an article on your favourite game in aid of the Jack Vasel Memorial Fund! You can bid at the link below.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215192/item/4980124#item4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite line: "...explores the most improbable of fantasies for the millennial generation: home ownership." Hah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
osaekomi wrote:
Hi all.

Since you were so appreciative of the first one, here's the second one!

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/oct/28/the-boa...

Once again it's tilted towards games for quite a general audience, but I snuck in a rogue Euro, because I'm becoming a bit obsessed with it.

I think having the one "next step" game like Via Nebula is a good idea. As well as helping those who may have bought their 'gateway' game last year (or at the UK GameExpo) it does show that there is more to modern gaming than family and social games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Duffy
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite chuffed that that stayed in. Editors sometimes don't seem to appreciate my sense of humour!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campbell
United Kingdom
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job, Owen. Promoting boardgames to a wider audience will always get my boat.

I like the look of Junk Art but not at that price tag!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Law
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mb
I read the article the other day. I was impressed at how you covered the new TtR game: It was clear that you reckoned other games in the series were better value, but you weren't scathing or OTT with criticism.

Also I now really fancy that Via Nebula, though it sounds reminiscent of Elfinland, which I already have. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.