$30.00
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all Battlestar Galactica Fans:

Here are some links to my current videos on youtube about this great classic Starfighter combat game.

They will also be right here on this BGG page in the video section,
check em out!

Hope you get something out of them!

Erik
redblackmonkey

Here are the links to my current videos on this game:
part 1- https://youtu.be/71oSeEjuwHk
part 2- https://youtu.be/2HUxuNBH-KA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the videos, this game has a nostalgia factor for me that makes me want to dig it out occasionally and I agree the damage/arc sweep system is cool.

Just curious, do you do simultaneous fire? If so how do you handle remembering whose shooting where in large engagements? If not, what system do you use to decide order of fire? This doesn't seem to be addressed in the rules. We discussed it some here but I'm curious for your input: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1070549/simultaneous-fir....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply to my vids, sorry, I am not always the best at responding right away. Busy life and such.
But in response to your query about simultaneous fire, I do try as much as possible to conduct fire simultaneously. There are some other ways of conducting combat fire like initiative that was referenced in the thread you linked. I have had some thoughts on an oppurtunity fire system that would allow pilots to react to each movement of the enemy. The main draw back of this is that it would quickly bog down and become massively confusing in a high number fighter scenario.
The one other way I have tried is based on the pilot skill level. For example: If human pilot A had a gunnery skill of 3 and was facing a Cylon of skill 1 then the human pilot would have initiative and thus the first shot. Again this only works well in a small number fighter scenario.
So I wound up conducting fire simutaneously after all movement. In larger number fighter scenarios one has to just be mindful about multiple targets in the firing arc, and targets that fall into multiple fire arcs(there is a negative modifier for shooting at multiple targets) Here is how I resolve those situations: after all movement is performed, all shots are declared at which targets and by which fighter. If multiple ships are targeting the same enemy, then resolve the fire(hits) of both then resolve damage if multiple hits. If viper A hits a Cylon and Viper B hits the same Cylon then damage is determined so it may be that Viper A's shot destroys the Cylon, but Viper B's shots are still used but discarded, so that if Viper B was also firing at another Cylon Viper B would incur a multiple shot modifier for targeting more than one fighter, even though Viper B's shot against the first Cylon was not needed.

In terms of tracking who is shooting where, I have used long cocktail stir sticks(red for vipers and blue for Cylons Raiders)to track who is shooting at what. In large number fighter scenarios I usually only use those if there is a doubt or question as to which fighter is firing or being fired at.

Hope my long windedness wasn't too confusing. I hope to post some more vids on the near future about creating scenarios and optional rules(advanced and house rules) I think I might try to address this in a future vid.

Thanks,
Erik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply and all the details. I love the stir sticks idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance Battlestar Galactica would get a reprint? Does Task Force Games or ADB own the rights to FASA games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.