Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've solo tested out what would be needed to play this game in PbF. Got most of the kinks worked out, and random generators for everything. I playtested the prologue and the first game. Would love to have 4 others try it out with me. Reply if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to do this.

I may not get to do it though because I want to be mostly unspoiled for my group. We currently played the Prologue and playing game 1 next week and we think we'll be playing a game about every two weeks (maybe even two weeks in a row a few times... everybody had a lot of fun). Depending on how fast PBF goes I might not be able to play if I am going to overtake my group too much. However I have a suspicion that games will last more than two weeks on PBF so I am tentatively interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary g
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would be interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested aswell, but here in austria we still wait for the release of the game to local retailers =(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to be involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
I would be interested aswell, but here in austria we still wait for the release of the game to local retailers =(

Morthai, why don't you sit this one out, you really need to play the game in person first before trying play by forum. You can watch us play the Prologue, there won't be any true spoilers for you there, but you will get the gist of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Would love to do this.

I may not get to do it though because I want to be mostly unspoiled for my group. We currently played the Prologue and playing game 1 next week and we think we'll be playing a game about every two weeks (maybe even two weeks in a row a few times... everybody had a lot of fun). Depending on how fast PBF goes I might not be able to play if I am going to overtake my group too much. However I have a suspicion that games will last more than two weeks on PBF so I am tentatively interested.

Dark Angel, you are right, getting thru the Prologue and Game 1 will take quite some time, especially working out any bugs in the PBF process. So you should be good.

I'll start the Prologue setup, while we see if a 5th wants to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Strong-Morse
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm potentially interested, but I have a couple questions.

1. What's the rate of play likely to be? If I'm away for a weekend, is that a problem?
2. Do we need our own copy of the Captain's Booke to play? (The face-to-face group I'm in uses someone else's copy.)
3. How deep into the game have other players played? I gather that SeaFall plays best when everyone has a similar level of spoilers. My face-to-face group has just started--we're done with the prologue and starting Game 1 in a little over a week. If some of the other players have played the whole game, I might be better off sitting this out (and perhaps playing in a subsequent play-by-forum game).

I'm also trying to weigh whether this game is likely to pass my face-to-face group at some point. The face-to-face group will probably play one game every 3-4 weeks on average, although we might occasionally get two games in one week.

ETA: Oh well, the last slot looks to have been taken while I was typing this. Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the "interested but want to play in person first" to avoid the spoilers before I reach them at the table. But I'm sure you'll get plenty of people, you already have a lot of interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love to join!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely in. I doubt I'll ever play this in person, so I would love to PbF and experience it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmorse wrote:
I'm potentially interested, but I have a couple questions.

1. What's the rate of play likely to be? If I'm away for a weekend, is that a problem?
2. Do we need our own copy of the Captain's Booke to play? (The face-to-face group I'm in uses someone else's copy.)
3. How deep into the game have other players played? I gather that SeaFall plays best when everyone has a similar level of spoilers. My face-to-face group has just started--we're done with the prologue and starting Game 1 in a little over a week. If some of the other players have played the whole game, I might be better off sitting this out (and perhaps playing in a subsequent play-by-forum game).

I'm also trying to weigh whether this game is likely to pass my face-to-face group at some point. The face-to-face group will probably play one game every 3-4 weeks on average, although we might occasionally get two games in one week.

ETA: Oh well, the last slot looks to have been taken while I was typing this. Have fun!

I would expect the rate of play to be take your turn within a day. As the defender really has no decisions to make (at least from what I've seen so far) the active player just needs to look at the opponent's defense and roll on their behalf.

As for the Captain's Booke, I work at my Computer all day long, so can check in and read the appropriate entries if the active player does not have a copy.

I've done the prologue and game 1. Game 2 this weekend. Opened the SHIP chest, completed milestones AN ISLAND REVEALED and DARKNESS STIRS. I'll open my stuff as necessary for the PBF game. I actually pre-ordered two copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JP, TJ, Matt and Gary, you were first, so reply to this with your confirmation, and I will assign provinces/colors and get the ball rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gpmark wrote:
JP, TJ, Matt and Gary, you were first, so reply to this with your confirmation, and I will assign provinces/colors and get the ball rolling.

Confirmed. Are you playing or only DMing? (I guess I'm asking if this is 4P or 5P).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am playing also. All choices will be random, so should not be an issue to play and DM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Strong-Morse
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought that rules as written players got to choose their province based on ascending title order? This could matter because of the different texts on the back of the province boards (and I suppose whether you want to have 1 adjacent province or 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll stand in if anyone drops out etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Neville
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I figure if enough people comment on this thread, we could probably get two games going. I just have no clue how to run a PbF game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahmorse wrote:
I thought that rules as written players got to choose their province based on ascending title order? This could matter because of the different texts on the back of the province boards (and I suppose whether you want to have 1 adjacent province or 2).

Not to spoil anything, but certain boards give you certain options, and if you've played in real life you know what those options are. This way no one gets any unfair advantage, however small. While the designer has made the options balanced, better to keep things above board, so to speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wenadin01 wrote:
I figure if enough people comment on this thread, we could probably get two games going. I just have no clue how to run a PbF game.

It's not hard. I can DM another game, if there are 5 others who want to play a second PBF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed.
With one caveat.. I noticed you asked someone else to sit out because they hadn't played a physical copy. I actually wanted to take part BECAUSE I hadn't played before and it didn't seem likely that I would get an oppurtunity very soon.

If that is a problem let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rees
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that's fine with me. I thought that he might WANT to play the real version first. You are more than welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
balzi wrote:
Confirmed.
With one caveat.. I noticed you asked someone else to sit out because they hadn't played a physical copy. I actually wanted to take part BECAUSE I hadn't played before and it didn't seem likely that I would get an oppurtunity very soon.

If that is a problem let me know.

I'm with Matt in agreement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.