$30.00
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I remember another pol doing this 10 years or so ago, questioning the patriotism of a sitting U.S. Senator who lost an arm and a leg in Vietnam.

http://us.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/tammy-duckworth-mark-k...

Sadly, I bet Kirk wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this already truly a human enema.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gilligan
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/il/illin...

Duckworth has the advantage in three polls (+7). One has her at +14, skewing the average but at least looks good for her at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I remember another pol doing this 10 years or so ago, questioning the patriotism of a sitting U.S. Senator who lost an arm and a leg in Vietnam.

Sadly, I bet Kirk wins.

I hope not. Current polling in Illinois has Duckworth leading.

In any case, that was truly a shitty thing for Kirk to stay - and also I suspect politically inadvisable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Sadly, I bet Kirk wins.

This is an extra special kind of stupid. Because this remark sounds like it was pre-prepared for use in the debate to counter the family history she speaks of. No one came up and pointed out the obvious to the Senator? This speaks volumes on the state of he GOP these days. Xenophobia and attacking a veteran who paid the price for service to her country.

shake

edit: Just went on his facebook page. The words describing the comments there can be described in the phrase "angry, ugly mob"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Kirk: One of the "moderate" Republicans, ladies and gentleman!

Here's a laundry list of lies he has told about his own military service:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mark-kirk-military-recor...
Quote:
Kirk admitted he falsely boasted he was named Intelligence Officer of the Year. His unit won an award, not Kirk.

He acknowledged his campaign had promoted an erroneous story about him coming under fire while flying aboard a reconnaissance plane in Iraq. There’s no record of his plane being shot at.

Kirk’s campaign website bragged about his “combat service” in Kosovo. That never happened. The word “combat” was later removed from the site.

He claimed he’d been been shot at in Afghanistan a year after he said he hadn’t been shot at. His campaign later said he was talking about two different trips to Afghanistan, but Kirk seemed to be talking about the same trip.

Kirk repeatedly said he’d been deployed to Afghanistan, which turned out to mean he went there for two-week training missions as part of his Navy Reserve requirements. He was never sent into war for an extended period of time.

He acknowledged his congressional office sent a letter to a constituent stating that he served in Operation Desert Storm, which is false.

Kirk said his congressional staff erroneously posted on his website that he was the only member of Congress to “serve in Operation Iraqi Freedom,” the U.S. invasion of Iraq after 9/11. Kirk was stateside during the war.

He claimed, “I command the war room in the Pentagon.” Military officials later said that wasn’t quite right, and that while Kirk is involved in the room’s operations, the room is run by people who outrank Kirk.

Kirk admitted he’d been scolded by the Pentagon, twice, for mingling politics with his military service, but denied he actually violated military policy. PolitiFact did a deep dive and concluded that, yes, he had violated the policy.

The GOP (the National Republican Senatorial Commitee to be exact) tweeted a picture back in March of Duckworth, with the text of the tweet saying "Tammy Duckworth has a sad history of not standing up for our veterans."
Did we really need more proof that the shotcallers in the Republican Party are vile people though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Mc Donald
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
It's funny that the Republican party loves to play the military card, but then descends into "no true military" garbage when it suits them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
It's funny that the Republican party loves to play the military card, but then descends into "no true military" garbage when it suits them.
Yep. And then military members wind up still voting largely for Republicans because "Democrats won't give us as big of a raise in January!" Not the reason all of them vote Republican of course, I'm sure there is an unhealthy amount of "Dems are going to take our guns" and other nonsense, but the most-common reason I heard while in and still hear is "It's in our interests, financially." Makes a tiny bit of sense I guess, until you start thinking about the furloughs/shutdowns the right has caused in recent years, and the deplorable state of benefits post-military like the VA, and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Mc Donald
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Well, I will say that over the summer when they polled active military members, it was Gary Johnson that garnered the most votes. And he being Libertarian would be the most likely to pull back from the USA playing world-police, and consequently eliminate their jobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Istanbul
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is more refined version of Trump... every so often, he lets a completely idiotic comment rip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.