Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Plummer
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As per the official rules, you may draw a profession card when selecting an action in the third column and may play a profession card when selecing an action in the fourth column. I suggest a house rule which says that when selecting an action in the second column you may discard a profession card in order to draw a new profession card off of the top of the deck.

I have not tried this rule yet, but intend to at the earliest opportunity. With many cards being powerful, but *very* specific to a certain strategy and many of those being worth rather few points a limited ability to exchange cards would give an option to take poor cards out of your hand. In addition, this mechanic would closely follow the bonuses for the third and fourth columns and make it easy to remember. There is of course an argument that the game was not tuned and tested with this in mind and it could make the second column too powerful. However, I think the potential to more often find synergies in the card play might make this worthwhile as far as enjoyment.

Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your idea. I might try it.

I think I might like it in column 3 better. before drawing you can discard a card then draw 2. I think it would keep the "too powerful" down a bit.

I totally agree Ron was getting a lot of excellent cards in game and mine were simply 'meh'-

so I have to say I agree with what you are proposing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head, I'd say that's actually not a bad idea. I may give this a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar feeling in our group and just had the idea of making a house rule when you draw from the profession pile draw 2 and keep 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
I think I might like it in column 3 better. before drawing you can discard a card then draw 2. I think it would keep the "too powerful" down a bit.
Been using this variant for a few games now, works great for us. It still feels mostly 'as intended', while also giving a bit more leeway in case of unwanted draws. So thank you for the suggestion Steph!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.