Grand Austria Hotel» Forums » Rules

Subject: e gizia interaction with staff bonuses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Fishman
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
So, If we assume that e gizia allows a player to "optionally take a guest, take the action from a die that remains and to take any free moves they are entitled to", what happens when other staff give you bonuses for taking dice?

e.g., if a staff gives you some combination of a bonus die &/or a bonus dollar &/or a bonus honor point &/or allows you to open a room at cost for taking a specific die, do you get the bonus for virtually taking that die on the e gizia bonus turn? e gizia states that you don't actually take the die.

the question is "are the taking of the die" and "the effects of taking the die" two separate things? and if so, are the bonuses that come from staff only received when the die is "taken" (i.e., no bonus unless the die in question is physically taken)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's simply taking another turn, except you don't physically remove a die from the pool. You still take the action and the amount based on the number of dice in that action spot, you just don't take a third die off the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Fishman
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
that part is fully understood.

let's say i use e gizia to take a 4 and i have a staff that gives me a bonus $/honor point when i take a 4.

Do i get the bonus even though i did not physically take the dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If that is the action you've chosen, then you would get the bonus. If you used that extra action to choose a 6, and then cloned the 4 action, then no. Same as if you have chosen the die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.