Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » General

Subject: do i have the wrong cd rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
i have a cd with fang and its got the chines hero on front but music is called the mendoza line and the tunes do not agree with the fang cd list

is this incorrect disc

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My disc doesn't have any fangs. Nor does the song list have the songs' lengths, so I don't know how to tell if the songs are the right ones. I can tell you, however, that my disc has 11 songs just as it's supposed to. Oh, and that it looks like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clevider wrote:
My disc doesn't have any fangs.

I don't know, closing the CD case carelessly can give your fingers a nasty nip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
lol anyhow yes it looks the same as your but none of the tracks are as listed and the music does not sound like a indiana jones theme

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slingshot1100 wrote:
lol anyhow yes it looks the same as your but none of the tracks are as listed and the music does not sound like a indiana jones theme

I'm sorry; I'm still having trouble understanding why you think that your disc--which looks like everyone else's--has different music on it.

That the music doesn't sound like Indiana Jones doesn't mean anything. The artist, according to my booklet, only tried to "capture the spirit of classic pulp adventure." Honestly, if the CD is full of 1-4 min tracks of rather flat-sounding midi/synthesizer music, you probably have the right one. Imo, it isn't nearly as good or as thematic as the AToE CD, a later effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
iTunes probably pulled the wrong song titles as it just matches up song lengths to find the database listing... it's sometimes wrong especially on lesser known CDs. There may be a command to re-look it up in one of the menus.

Here's the first few songs lengths for verification: 1:33, 2:36, 3:49, 2:06... you may just have to type in the song names if they won't come up right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most players use data from large music info providers, if the data for the CD is not in the database then it may well try and guess. track data can be stored on the CD too but not all CDs have that data on the disc so you may just get track 1, track 2 etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi thank you for help my track songs for the first 4 are the same length as you quoted but songs in windows media player For example called the first one is called FELLOW TRAVELLERS

i noticed the last track starts with a engine prop sound

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A media player (any media player) that shows track titles is going to be loading info from an online database, picking an CD in that database that best matches the game CD. The match will not be correct since the game CD won't be in whatever database the media player is using. Therefore, the track and album title that the media player shows you will not match your CD.

Yes, it makes sense that the last song on the CD would feature the sound of an airplane engine. Note that the title of that song (as shown on the liner sheet, not the incorrect information shown by your media player) is Jake Zane, Flying Ace.

Edit: If you really want your media player to show the correct information, most will let you hard code the album and track titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Kenny Dorham || Trompeta Toccata || Whistle Stop || Una Mas
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the right cd and it's wrong, very wrong. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
ok thank you but what does hard code mean for cd tracks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slingshot1100 wrote:
ok thank you but what does hard code mean for cd tracks?

Sorry. Let me rephrase:

If you really want your media player to show the correct information, most will let you type in the
album and track titles so that those will show instead of whatever it finds when it tries to look them up
on its own.

I can't tell you off the top of my head how to do that with whatever program you are using (or even tell you whether it will let you). That, you will probably have to research for yourself. Your alternatives are to either ignore the titles the player displays or manually match the track # with the corresponding entry on the liner notes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Parkinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
pk thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R F
msg tools
Just to confirm I have the same exact "problem" of the Mendoza line - the fault is definitely in how your music reader is picking up the music titles. The CD itself is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.