$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a rip roaring game of Food Chain Magnate. We were making burgers, marketing soda, it was going great. Then I realized that I hadn't set up the game, someone else had, and they hadn't limited the money. We were using the entire money supply in our game so it was going to go forever! Then I woke up.

The weird thing is I haven't even played the game very much. I like it a lot and I'd like to play it more but haven't. I guess my dream was my unconscious saying "C'mon, organize a game already!"

So? Anyone else have boardgame dreams?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a board game dream last night too.

Dreamt I was at some convention and saw Fields of Arle on sale for $22 (It's currently out of print and I'm waiting for the next run or trying to track down a copy that isn't over priced).

Turns out it was only the expansion that was on sale and I was let down in my dream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not terribly long ago, I had a dream where I was teaching a group of people how to play Mission: Red Planet. There was something else going on in the background that had everyone's attention flip-flopping back and forth but I distinctly remember taking them through several turns of the game despite this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Haddon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to have dull ultra-realistic dreams of playing certain games, typically simple games that I suppose are easier for the sleeping mind to recreate. I had a dream like 3 weeks ago about playing King of Tokyo. The only weird part of the dream was that the monster cut-outs were really tall compared to the actual components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't often recall dreams, but I think I had one after playing Maria

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Occasionally they are sufficiently vividly odd or interesting, and I remember them clearly enough, that I blog about them:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogcategory/1102

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave bcs
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many over the years. Usually they involve finding some new game store that has a gigantic game set up on a table, often with large miniatures and other 3D objects, many pieces, and big, colorful board. The game is unknown to me, but the best game ever and one I must get, but I always wake up before I obtain it.

Another interpretation of your dream is that you haven't played Food Chain Magnate so much BECAUSE to you it seems like it could go on forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
I don't usually dream about specific games, but after a long game night I often have dreams where real life scenarios are transformed into boardgames and I'm a pawn/meeple, or I am solving a real life problem using game moves and mechanisms. I don't realize any of this in the dream - only after I wake up and think about it.

I think it's kind of neat, since I believe that playing strategic boardgames has helped me to become a better planner and problem solver, and those dreams reveal a bit about how that process works "behind the scenes".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I dreamt what colors I was going to paint the demons in The Others last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
drdranetz wrote:
Many over the years. Usually they involve finding some new game store that has a gigantic game set up on a table, often with large miniatures and other 3D objects, many pieces, and big, colorful board. The game is unknown to me, but the best game ever and one I must get, but I always wake up before I obtain it.

I've had that one too. I think a lot of us have probably had that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
so it was going to go forever!
It can be hard to break the bank when you're only selling $1 hamburgers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Soper
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokohama. I thought it was fine when I demoed at DiceTowerCon, then it filled my subconscious and I had to pre-order it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember dreaming about board games, but after our first play at Pandemic Legacy, (a crushing defeat) one of the players had nightmares the following night
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Webhead123 wrote:
Not terribly long ago, I had a dream where I was teaching a group of people how to play Mission: Red Planet. There was something else going on in the background that had everyone's attention flip-flopping back and forth but I distinctly remember taking them through several turns of the game despite this.

I had a very vivid and detailed dream where I taught a group how to play Robinson Crusoe and set up the first scenario. I don't normally remember my dreams at all, but this one really stuck with me. I don't know what to make of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rarely, but as it happens I had one (sort of) last night. I was talking about D&D 5th edition (which is strange, because I know nothing about D&D and its editions), and every time we would start talking about it, a little gerbil would get really excited and starting gnawing at its cage to get out. In the dream it was understood that it behaved this way because it loved D&D and had very strong opinions about editions. Further, its cage was a Twilight Struggle box that it was gnawing a hole through. Eventually the box gave way and it popped out and scurried toward me with a suddenness that woke me up in fright.

Perhaps I often dream about boardgames, but they seldom force me awake so they're little remembered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it!
badge
Enjoy... LIFE!
mbmbmb
When I was playtesting for Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – Voyage of the Beagle (Vol. 1) ,
which easily meant 3 or 4 games per day for a while,
I often dreamt at night that I was the soldier or explorer, adventuring through a jungle and fighting the elements.

This is true!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dreamed I actually won a game for once, but then I woke up.. ;(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just last night, I dreamt I was playing some type of board game. The board was set into a clear plastic frame, a bit over a foot square, and over an inch thick. It used marbles as pieces. It was late, and I'd taken it to bed to continue playing, but then I fell asleep. I woke up (for real), feeling around the covers over me and beside me, almost in a panic because I couldn't find it, and even peered at the floor in the darkness, hoping I hadn't let it fall and broken the frame. I realized that it would've made a lot of noise if it had fallen, and that's not what woke me (nor was my husband awake asking about the noise), so I went back to searching the bedding.

When my brain finally woke up, I realized, first, that we don't have any game matching that description, and second, that I've never even seen such a game. Therefore, it was all a dream, so I could go back to sleep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Qwerty
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I often dream about Axis & Allies after playing it for 5 hours at a time. Once I was playing Germany and I dreamed about building 11 mechanized infantry and placing them on the board over and over again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
drdranetz wrote:
skutsch wrote:

I've had that one too. I think a lot of us have probably had that one.
While 'moi' HATH that 'one' originally based upon OGRE-'miniatures' Rules. Since their inception, then MINE yet furthered theirs with inclusion of Naval vessels, Aircraft, additional Unit types, and myriad Buildings/Installations composed from packaging materials or other games pieces, oh, while I have made TWO Armies/Sides of them as well.
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.