BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG.CON

Subject: What time is registration on Wednesday? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ferguson
msg tools
designer
mbmb
I know the exhibitors can start registration at 8 on Wednesday what time for regular people who want to play lots of games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In service to the Imperium of Man
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people will start lining up around 6:00 am. Other people will sleep late, get lunch, and stroll into the registration area around 1:00 pm with virtually no line a much shorter line.

Both groups of people will have roughly the same opportunity to play lots and lots of games during the con. But the earlier people will have first pick of the door prize freebies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saintdave22 wrote:
I know the exhibitors can start registration at 8 on Wednesday what time for regular people who want to play lots of games?

10am is when registration starts:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BGGCON_Official_Sche...#

From what I recall, last year there was still a significant line around 2pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
saintdave22 wrote:

I don't think those in line at 2pm were in line at 10am also. I got in line around 9am and once the doors open it took me exactly an hour to get in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
saintdave22 wrote:

I don't think those in line at 2pm were in line at 10am also. I got in line around 9am and once the doors open it took me exactly an hour to get in.

There was a constant influx of attendees waiting to register keeping the line long. The line at 10am was up the stairs and out the door of the hotel. The line at 2pm was still on the stairs, but I think it had come in from out of the door by then.

We (Team Geek) were processing 4 or 5 attendees a minute, including picking out game freebies.

In years past, attendees could show up at noon or 1pm and the line would be virtually non-existent. I think those days are gone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Some people will start lining up around 6:00 am. Other people will sleep late, get lunch, and stroll into the registration area around 1:00 pm with virtually no line a much shorter line.

Both groups of people will have roughly the same opportunity to play lots and lots of games during the con. But the earlier people will have first pick of the door prize freebies.

AND the early risers will have more time to play games with other early risers in line.

There will be a line of people around opening time and the line will be up the stairs, around the corner, and out the door for a good hour or two. My advice is that if you are not up and in line close to when registration opens, then go have a late breakfast/early lunch and wait for the line to die down.

One thing to note, however, with so many people, there are going to be lines for anything you want to do...so be prepared. This is important for things like event signups, which have limited capacity. There will be a line when those open up and if you want to participate in those, you are just going to have to wait in a line.

From lines to Library duty, BGG Con is most rewarding to those who are active participants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinkley
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ikiru wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

AND the early risers will have more time to play games with other early risers in line.

There will be a line of people around opening time and the line will be up the stairs, around the corner, and out the door for a good hour or two. My advice is that if you are not up and in line close to when registration opens, then go have a late breakfast/early lunch and wait for the line to die down.

One thing to note, however, with so many people, there are going to be lines for anything you want to do...so be prepared.

Where do I sign up for a fast pass?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
deitied wrote:
ikiru wrote:
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:

One thing to note, however, with so many people, there are going to be lines for anything you want to do...so be prepared.

Where do I sign up for a fast pass?

Fast Passes are sold in the registration line at 5am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was the "official" last person in line last year (even got geekgold card as a reward). If I recall, I walked up around 4pm, and stood in "line" (2 people in front of me) for about 20 seconds.

Of course, once I registered someone came up right behind me. I guess I was the last one needing to wait form the original line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
JohnnyOffice wrote:
Spielguy wrote:
JohnnyOffice wrote:
saintdave22 wrote:

There was a constant influx of attendees waiting to register keeping the line long. The line at 10am was up the stairs and out the door of the hotel. The line at 2pm was still on the stairs, but I think it had come in from out of the door by then.

We (Team Geek) were processing 4 or 5 attendees a minute, including picking out game freebies.

In years past, attendees could show up at noon or 1pm and the line would be virtually non-existent. I think those days are gone

We're going to process the line even quicker this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
We're going to process the line even quicker this year.

Are we allow to talk about the subcutaneous chip injection system for this year, yet? Man were we about to get through a lot of people quickly, but have we solved the blood problem yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Knoerzer
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
This blue box is not as cool as David Tennant's...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking as the person who has been in the first 10 to pick up registration for the last five years... I would get in in line about 3:45 am. Until last year that put me first. I would play games in line and have a great time. There was a group of five that got in line 10 or 11 pm the night before, so last year I was sixthish. I never got in line because it made difference to get to the hot games room first or because I got better swag. I did it because I enjoyed hanging with couple of people I rarely get to see. Unfortunately, since last year I went full time with my business I have had to make some cuts so I am not flying in until Wednesday morning so pass the torch to the next group of early birds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will promise my usual game show/ trivia question antics while helping the line along in my capacity on TeamGeek!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hobbes_inc wrote:
Speaking as the person who has been in the first 10 to pick up registration for the last five years... I would get in in line about 3:45 am. Until last year that put me first. I would play games in line and have a great time. There was a group of five that got in line 10 or 11 pm the night before, so last year I was sixthish. I never got in line because it made difference to get to the hot games room first or because I got better swag. I did it because I enjoyed hanging with couple of people I rarely get to see. Unfortunately, since last year I went full time with my business I have had to make some cuts so I am not flying in until Wednesday morning so pass the torch to the next group of early birds.

I wondered what time the front of the line attendees started waiting....now I know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Anon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm aiming to get in line around 6:30am. If anyone wants to play Impulse, Noxford, Port Royal, or Sail to India, I'll have them with me.

con! con! con! con!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How late can someone register on Wednesday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
futiles wrote:

Registration usually stays open pretty late I think but if it's closed you can probably find someone in a jersey to get you signed in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lothartvni wrote:
futiles wrote:

Registration usually stays open pretty late I think but if it's closed you can probably find someone in a jersey to get you signed in.

Thanks. I will likely be there around 2 or 3 PM. But, I have a couple of friends not arriving until almost 10PM. I'd love to get their registration knocked out before heading home for the evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Convention_Check-In#
Quote:
What if I arrive when the check-in desk is closed?
Find someone in a GOLD BGG.CON Jersey. If you don't see someone within the first 5 minutes, please come to Convention Headquarters located in the Glasscock meeting room in the Leadership Wing of the Convention Hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Annnd I dragged myself over about 1 -- no line at all! (Apparently the original line got processed in about an hour.)

Go Team Geek!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.