Subject: Navia Dratp is that multiplayer : 3 and 4 players ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaud Enderlen
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Four Players game mat put in image gallery in hires 150dpi, based on legacy four players rules

We also start to playtest three players game mats today:

As soon as validated, finalised hires game mats for 3 players will follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Faulkner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. Any rule changes?

If you are looking for opinions on the 3 player, visually I like the first mat best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
fret_gurglo wrote:
Very cool. Any rule changes?

If you are looking for opinions on the 3 player, visually I like the first mat best.

I can see that.. but I feel the third is the most encouraging for interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud Enderlen
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We currently have tested with no change rule change for 3 players and this was all working.

We focused on the first 2 maps for 3 players.

Our first feeling was also circular version (first image) would be the best, but in fact it is the most complex to figure while playing due to center inverted diagonals and 360° "horizontal" moves. And with Hansa maseitai (bounce ability) it was really complex to see where Hansa can/could move.

Second map was really convincing all of us and really simple to play with coming from 2 players standard map.

Second map (square hyperbolic) and third map (spherical) are quite similar in way to play with specific moves in center of the map and no 360°. But as we didn't started to play intensively with third map, I'm still in a position where I expect some benefits of this map shapes.

To put it in a nutsheel winner at our gaming club is currently second map that will be first finalised (means hires that will look like the 4 players version)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another option for a three-player board:

It would probably require too many rules changes to be workable, but it's still something to think about. (As I recall, the bishops in this game's ruleset have some hard-to-get-used-to rules.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud Enderlen
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quite interesting but I think it would basically require to print battle pieces move grid in a hexagonal grid version to make it clear.

We finished our playtest and made our choice on "square hyperbolic" version: hires 3 players board now published. It is very simple to understand all moves in center of the board, while being really lisible regarding opponent moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.