Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry P
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
There's nothing in the rules that says otherwise, but I just want to confirm that all enemy models, even those not in line of light (like the Picts in the huts in the first scenario), begin play on the board unless stated otherwise. They're not first placed on the board when a hero can first "see" them, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimshackle wrote:
There's nothing in the rules that says otherwise, but I just want to confirm that all enemy models, even those not in line of light (like the Picts in the huts in the first scenario), begin play on the board unless stated otherwise. They're not first placed on the board when a hero can first "see" them, correct?

Correct. The heroes can always see which enemies are on the board, even if they have no LOS to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After I get my game and have designed 3D huts for the Pict village I may change this so that they don't see what or who is inside a hut. That will make the game more exciting as Conan may rush into a hut full of nothing while the Picts come rushing out of another hut.. It may break the balance though so I will have to check that once I get the huts modeled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clanggedin wrote:
After I get my game and have designed 3D huts for the Pict village I may change this so that they don't see what or who is inside a hut. That will make the game more exciting as Conan may rush into a hut full of nothing while the Picts come rushing out of another hut.. It may break the balance though so I will have to check that once I get the huts modeled.

I like the element of surprise concept as it reminds me of HeroQuest. I will most likely try a couple games like this to see if it increases the hero's immersion.

For your huts, design them with a roof so you can load them with baddies, and when someone enters a hut you can reveal its contents by raising the roof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry P
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
sgbeal wrote:
Grimshackle wrote:

Correct. The heroes can always see which enemies are on the board, even if they have no LOS to them.

That's what I figured. It would be easy to mistake the game as a HeroQuest-style dungeon crawler, but really it's a one-against many asymmetric competitive strategy game.

i.e. The Overlord's job is to try to win, not make sure everyone is engrossed in the story or having a good time. Therefore, everyone's cards (and minis) start on the table.

I've only read the first scenario so far, but it doesn't seem to have any "secret" information the Overlord can't share with the players (except for the hut the princess is in, but that's not dictated by the scenario, it's chosen by the overlord). Are all the scenarios like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimshackle wrote:
I've only read the first scenario so far, but it doesn't seem to have any "secret" information the Overlord can't share with the players (except for the hut the princess is in, but that's not dictated by the scenario, it's chosen by the overlord). Are all the scenarios like that?

Some scenarios have a secret, some don't. e.g. the Princess which you mention, and there's a "curse status" in the scenario The Wrath of Anu which the Overlord has to reveal, or not, depending on certain rules of the scenario. Hunting the Tigress does not have any secret info at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.