Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Me and the wife just played our first game, we found it a bit dull. After we got the captain and the flag down to the South Pole, he fell on his side and most of our other men was back at camp, so we did not see a reason to rescue him for 2 points and ended up passing rest of the game. She won 35 against my 31. I think it lasted like 2 or 3 weather cards. Did we play it wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristina Rodriguez
United States
Zion
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's variant where captain represents you.Also if captain dies you are eliminated I read on page 4 of version 1.4. If you still find it easy why nit try epic also listed in 1.4 page 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out captain didnt die, he was exhausted i think its called.
Maybe we should try the epic one, and report back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we just played 2 more games of the epic version, and we love it .
The simple game is just too simple. But the epic version on last page is brilliant! 1 of the games I made it to the pole and back, my wife died trying and the next game neither of us made it back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Casniz wrote:
So we just played 2 more games of the epic version, and we love it .
The simple game is just too simple. But the epic version on last page is brilliant! 1 of the games I made it to the pole and back, my wife died trying and the next game neither of us made it back!

Still waiting on my copy and glad to hear it can be quite a challenge. Board gaming is one of the few venues where you hear the adjectives "brilliant" and "love" used after some one dies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.