Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Fish
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am irrationally considering this purchase just for Prospero, am I alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiveangels wrote:
I am irrationally considering this purchase just for Prospero, am I alone?

Ha. It's a lovely model, but I don't buy forgeworld. I have enough trouble spending on gw as it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Fish
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree their prices are painful, but it's such an interesting piece. I have never tried to drill and magnetize weapon arms on a resin piece (only plastic), I wonder if it is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Polux
msg tools
mbmbmb
If it were me, I would buy the Alpha Legion contemptor (on the basis of the rule of cool) and paint it in the Thousand Sons colour scheme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Fish
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressive...you aren't helping me not waste my money. What do you think would work best as a Space Wolf Contemptor? Iron warriors seems possible.
(I don't like the generic plastic model that came with Calth)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Polux
msg tools
mbmbmb
Fiveangels wrote:
Impressive...you aren't helping me not waste my money. What do you think would work best as a Space Wolf Contemptor? Iron warriors seems possible.
(I don't like the generic plastic model that came with Calth)

Indeed, the Iron Warriors version would nicely double as a Space Wolf Contemptor (and, more importantly, fits the 'rule of cool').
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Fish
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexis, thanks for your input, I grabbed the Relic Contemptor to utilize as a Space Wolves dread, never liked the tails and talisman look on the 40k pieces anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
2015: Calth releases
Me: Buy rules -minis off eBay and a used copy of The First Heretic. Got about 1/3rd through the book. Really a great read. I enjoyed it a lot. Just other things came SQUIRREL!

2016: Prospero releases
Me: fighting urge to buy both games and books from The Black Library

Then I drifted away a little..

Search: primarch
Results: 12

Me: Must. resist. urges. to. buy. minis. games.... Hold out.. for Blood Bowl... resistance... failing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Fish
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Horus Heresy book that covers the attack on the Thousand Sons is well done (and the book leading up to it is interesting as well). I have taken the ridiculous step of ordering the Forge World rules as I mentioned in another thread. Calth has me taking out armies I painted 25 years ago, large amounts of painted and still blistered Rogue Trader lead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiveangels wrote:
I agree their prices are painful, but it's such an interesting piece. I have never tried to drill and magnetize weapon arms on a resin piece (only plastic), I wonder if it is possible.

Absolutely, totally possible with resin. Resin is just another type of plastic, albeit a bit more fragile. Some of the bigger models almost require pinning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiveangels wrote:
Alexis, thanks for your input, I grabbed the Relic Contemptor to utilize as a Space Wolves dread, never liked the tails and talisman look on the 40k pieces anyway.

Did you order weapons with it? Some of the purchase options on FW don't actually come with weapons. Note that your pieces may be warped when you receive them, it's normal with resin. FW has a guide on working with resin, should be helpful for you: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Model...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Fish
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan, thanks for the information. I was worried about the fragility of resin when drilling it out, I will proceed cautiously. I did order weapon arms so have that covered, but appreciate the warning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.