United States
henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
I still struggle with this rule at times...so let me ask a specific
question..

The Union has an army (AoP) ...in supply in Williamsburg

Fort Monroe is USA controlled..so supplied from there

Road path to north is blocked by CSA at Hanover....

1. During reinforcement phase...can US strat move several SP's from
Washington DC to AoP ..... in effect the SP moving by sea to Fort
Monroe and then by land to Williamsburg ??

2. Also...could US strat move SP's from Cincinnati to Williamsburg...taking RR/road to Philadelphia, sea to Fort Monroe, road to Williamsburg ...?

I think the answer in both cases is Yes...since there is a LOC ...

and I think both answers would be NO...if only a corp was in Williamsburg
instead of an army....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe lepew
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would say you answered both of your questions. A reb ironclad or fort on the Potomac river at Aquia Creek, however, would prevent the strat move in your first example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chokin wrote:
I would say you answered both of your questions. A reb ironclad or fort on the Potomac river at Aquia Creek, however, would prevent the strat move in your first example.

Wrong. An SP in Washington could go by land to Baltimore or Philadelphia or any other open Eastern port, then from there to Ft Monroe and on to Williamsburg.

An army is like a vacuum cleaner: it sucks up SPs from anywhere on the map as long as there is an LOC between the army and the SP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe lepew
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dieroll Honker wrote:
Wrong. An SP in Washington could go by land to Baltimore or Philadelphia or any other open Eastern port, then from there to Ft Monroe and on to Williamsburg.

My answer was intended for the specific example posted above. "...the SP moving by sea to Fort Monroe and then by land to Williamsburg ??" Can't be done as long as fort or Ironclad in Aquia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.