Subject: Beachhead markers and U-boat raising (2 questions not related) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've got two questions. The only common point is the number of counters.

1) in 6.2.1, I read "Beachhead markers are..." (plural). However, I've got only one amphibious / Beachhead counter-marker.

2) in 6.1.1, I read "If a new U-Boat is built during the Production Phase" and in 8.3.3, I read that I can raise a new u-boat unit during production phase if the unit counter is available in the force pool.

At the start of the game, the 2 u-boats counters (one fresh, one spent) are placed in one of the boxes and I don't have any u-boat counter available in the pool.

I couldn't find any circumstances in which a u-boat could be eliminated (they are spent on the attrition table, but not eliminated), bringing back one of the 2 u-boat counters in the German's pool. Therefore, I assume I must have missed something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Uhlmann
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
You're not missing anything.

There's only one amphibious/Beachhead counter in the mix. I believe 6.2.1 might be referring to plural usages throughout the game, but in any event I'm not sure the British would have supported multiple amphibious invasions at the same time.

For the U-Boats, you are correct - there is no way currently for a U-Boat counter to be eliminated. The build cost was left in because we had some other scenario possibilities (that we didn't use) with a different starting mix and also to cover any future expansions for naval stuff.

Thanks for the questions,

Kirk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification, Kirk.

I like the sound of "The build cost was left in [...] also to cover any future expansions for naval stuff."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.