Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure» Forums » Variants

Subject: 5-player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason V

Washington
msg tools
mb
I would love some help figuring out what tweaks would be needed to support 5 players well (beyond the need for the additional starter deck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More "Explore" and "Mercenary" cards. I don't think more Secret Tome cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Wolgast
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game would work well with 5 players and would love an expansion with that. Beyond the obvious, I think another key and backpack might be necessary as well as a modification of the amount of cubes drawn during dragon attacks, since the bag would become more diluted. The attacks would be more frequent though, so maybe that's unnecessary. A bigger board with more artifacts would of course be nice, but hard to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgW wrote:
A bigger board with more artifacts would of course be nice, but hard to do.

Clank! big box expansion
(The deeper Dungeons)
Now with 5th player added

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, this would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grognard David
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
why not "the dragon" for the 5th player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GeorgW wrote:
I think the game would work well with 5 players and would love an expansion with that. Beyond the obvious, I think another key and backpack might be necessary.

GeorgW wrote:
A bigger board with more artifacts would of course be nice, but hard to do.

I definitely agree with the key, the backpack, however, would only be worth adding (imo) if there were more artefacts added (perhaps 12 and/or 18 points). This would only be possible with board alteration though and would have to be done carefully.

GeorgW wrote:
as well as a modification of the amount of cubes drawn during dragon attacks, since the bag would become more diluted. The attacks would be more frequent though, so maybe that's unnecessary.

Actually with more players you'll get hit more than in a lower player count game since you have say 1/5th of the player cubes in the bag but the dragon attacks up to 5 times between your turns so that cancels out. But the more dragon attacks there are the more black dragon cubes get taken out and so more attacks will lead to more player cubes being drawn. So when you increase the number of players you will need to reduce the number of cubes drawn, perhaps adding in an extra 2 and extra 3 stage to the track. Or alternatively adding more black cubes at the start (say 30). Of course this doesn't really matter - it will just shift the feel of the game to a more dangerous one if you don't account for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Davestar2 wrote:
why not "the dragon" for the 5th player?

I would love to see this implemented. Some way in which a 5th player has a separate 'dragon deck' they have to build would be really cool, in which they get points for damage done at the end and for knocking out players in the depths/above ground. It could also be so that the players can somehow mess with the cards that the dragon has available to buy.

I had never considered this and now I really like the sound of it.

Instead of stumbles the dragon deck could have coughs where it represents failing to breathe fire - so you add some black dragon cubes back into the bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.