Subject: Poll: League of Legends and Owners of Mechs vs. Minions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in the results here. Please do not vote to skew the poll if you don't own the game. Really just friendly research.

Poll
If you own Mechs vs. Minions, how would you describe your status with regards to League of Legends?
Never played it nor heard of it before purchase
Heard of it but never played it
Heard of it and play(ed) it casually
Heard of it and play(ed) it regularly
      260 answers
Poll created by veector

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Used to play it pretty regularly because many of my friends did. Never took it particularly seriously, though. Not sure if I would've gotten the game without knowing the source material, even though that's hardly a necessity to enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd heard of it, but literally not much more than "it's some MMO computer game".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Dota 2 pretty religiously for about 2 years. I have never played LoL and there is a pretty much 0 chance I ever would. Not because I think it is a bad game, but more that I would simply go back to Dota 2 as I am already past the steep curve on that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard of it, but with no Internet at home, it makes it hard to play these kinds of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it fairly regularly in college because the friends I lived with played it. I'll occasionally play it now if a friend wants to, but not on my own.

Knowing about League had zero impact on me purchasing the game though. The interviews and previews made it seem solid enough to stand on its own, and happily I was right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
by "played casually" I meant that I created an account, tried it and never played it again. My son plays regularly though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
by "played casually" I meant that I created an account, tried it and never played it again.

I haven't voted yet, but I fall into David's definition.

Do I vote?

-rudy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, vote if you want. I would categorize that as "Never played". It didn't inspire you enough to begin to play casually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Teeuwen
msg tools
Played LoL, mostly played with lux and sona.
I remember playing this game in beta, insane how big it has become. I remember being hooked early in, un-installed the game to avoid a heavy gaming addiction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Been playing it for a few years now and I still log in almost daily.

Even if I didn't know the IP I would have gotten the game since for that price is a steal; however if the price range was $100+ I'm not sure I would have bought it on release day (if ever).

I'm not really a fan of Co-ops but the IP + price sold it to me, the fact that is a solid game with great components is the cherry on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
When I left LOL I was silver I in the heavy grind to get to Gold. It was not easy and I never made it...I most likely would have been gold next season but I gave up on the game because its crack for the PC. Took some doing but I was able to ween myself off that game and get back to board gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.