Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pollock
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to figure out if a turn is an action there by allowing you to use 2 magnate action tiles per round year or is a turn both actions. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
A round represents a year. And it has 2 turns, a maintenance phase, and a harvest.
In each turn, you take one action and can use one (v2016), or more (v2010) expert(s) and one magnate tile (v2016).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pollock
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. My wife and I just finished our 1st play. Great game. Thank you for bring this out again for us to enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a minor ambiguity in the rules. One spot in the rule book uses the term turn at one point and I think it is what causes the confusion.

Also don't forget during maintenance you MUST return 1 barrel but CAN return more than one. I know it is not your question but these are the 2 rules that should be tossed into an FAQ because I know people are making these 2 mistakes.

Once I get back behind the camera (grandfather died and all the family is here so my video channel is shut down until November) I'll do a complete video series on Vinhos and cover these 2 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:

Also don't forget during maintenance you MUST return 1 barrel but CAN return more than one. I know it is not your question but these are the 2 rules that should be tossed into an FAQ because I know people are making these 2 mistakes.

That's a pretty important rule clarification. I don't see it in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 2 Gameplay/ Maintenance:
Each Player must take at least one Barrel from one of the Sales slots".
On page 13 says to take one barrel, inducing this rule to a misinterpretation.

In fact, you must take one Barrel (if you have any) but you can take more.
Very sorry that I missed this on the rules.

Edit:
Please check the link bellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Marshall
Australia
Middle Park
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vital has since corrected this point - you must take one and only one barrel. See the correction at https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1662358/turn-action-or-full....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmarsau wrote:
Vital has since corrected this point - you must take one and only one barrel. See the correction at https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1662358/turn-action-or-full....

That link goes back to this page - in an Groundhogie kind of way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:
gmarsau wrote:

That link goes back to this page - in an Groundhogie kind of way

Not too tough to find the actual link based on thread titles.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1663733/my-apologies-wrong-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.