Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

i got my copy of Mechs vs Minions today.
I scanned the forums but the most threads are about delivery / order issues.

So i want to start to play the game NOW!
I read it's some kind of legacy.
Can I play it tonight with group and play the first 1-2 mission and then reset everything to play it again with another group or is it the same as with other legacy games: 1 copy of the game for one group?

Would be nice if you guys can help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can. Other than knowing more about the missions, new components/cards, new abilities, etc, there are no permanent changes to the game components.

toerck wrote:
Hey everyone,

i got my copy of Mechs vs Minions today.
I scanned the forums but the most threads are about delivery / order issues.

So i want to start to play the game NOW!
Can I play it tonight with group and play the first 1-2 mission and then reset everything to play it again with another group or is it the same as with other legacy games: 1 copy of the game for one group?

Would be nice if you guys can help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierson
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, as it's not a legacy game per say as the likes of Pandemic/Risk Legacy. You're not destroying components, or altering the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can fairly easily.
Check out this thread:
Can you play with multiple play groups at the same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Miller
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
As someone who's only played the first 1-2 missions, it is absolutely resettable. Anything you may get from those missions can be returned to the packet, and - correct me if I'm wrong, people who've played further - those things you may acquire are labeled with the mission number to which they can be returned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toerck wrote:

No it is NOT.

You play the game scenario after scenario and all scenarios are wrapped in an envelope including new rules and/or the scenario specific rules as well as some new cards. So other than not ripping open the envelopes there is NOTHING that stops you from playing scenarios over and over again with as many groups as you possibly could.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a legacy game at all. I've already done exactly what you are asking. I played both the tutorial and mission 1 at home with the family, and then took it to my FLGS and played both the tutorial and mission one there with no issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a legacy game because whatever you do in Mission X, you enter Mission X+1 in exactly the same situation. That's quite apart from any changes to components---there's no "legacy" effect at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amiller01 wrote:
correct me if I'm wrong, people who've played further - those things you may acquire are labeled with the mission number to which they can be returned?
That is correct.

And just to pile on here--it's easy-ish to reset the game back to 0 if you have the desire. It would also be perfectly fine to just grab some new people and play whatever mission your usual group is on. There is some story, but it's fairly silly and not really a central element of the game such that you would need to explain it to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Durden
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your answers!

game is a great experience.

if i wantto play with a new group the 6th scenario, do i need to get the stuff from all five previous scenarios and add it to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.