Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Sprung
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of Council of Blackthorn a few weeks ago... and WOW, what a great game!

Right when it arrived, I could tell a lot of time and effort was dedicated to making this game as good as possible. All of the components are of high quality, and the artwork is even better than some big-name publishers!

As a fellow game-designer who does plenty of research, typically a new game hits the table only once before making room for other new games. But this one keeps coming back! It is easy to teach, and plays very well with up to 6 players, making it an easy go-to game when trying to figure out what to play next. It's accessibility is what makes it a no-brainer to bust out with casual players, and it's depth of backstabbing keeps things interesting for veterans.

Good times, all the fun and seriousness of building an engine throughout the game without all the bogged down rules and un-funness of euro games endings. The Beheading at the end makes this game shine! You never know who it's going to be in a 6-player match! This helps players stay focused on what matters - VP, and not having the most treason. In a typical game with lots of interactions and painstaking details, it is so easy to get lost in a sea of over-analyzing your every move. Since there is enough unknown information in Council of Blackthorn, players don't stress out over every detail - keeping the game speeding along rather than bogging down with hard, calculated decisions.

Game pace, game length, and player turns are all spot-on with interesting decisions being made by each player - keeping things interesting even when it isn't your turn.

Well done, I look forward to your future titles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.