United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
Wherever You Go, There You Are
badge
With no certain future, and no purpose other than to prevail
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played several games of Grand Prix now, with 2, 4, and 9 players.

It seems like the sweet spot is 4-7 players.

With more than 7 players, I think things get too chaotic; there are not enough NPC cars to get activated by each player, so it is quite easy to not have any good options with a small selection of cards. There is also quite a bit of downtime between actions.

With 9 player, specifically, we ran out of various wear markers and 2 players were completely eliminated by the start of the 3rd lap. Once one player decided to throw caution to the wind and start collecting close calls, everyone else could also do so without fear.

With less than 4 players, I think you spend a lot of time moving NPC cars instead of the important ones (player cars).

How does everyone else see it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a little different take on this.

I am a solo player so I use all 12 teams. It does get cumbersome deciding on the most advantageous moves each turn but still enjoyable.

I do run out of wear markers, especially tire markers with 22 cars on the track. Also, time to complete a race is something like 1.5 to 2 hours. I do have the luxury of a dedicated gaming space so I can leave the game setup for a long time.

I've raced all 4 tracks multiple times now. I am thinking about flipping the direction and have another go at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Huron725 wrote:
I've raced all 4 tracks multiple times now. I am thinking about flipping the direction and have another go at it.

If you have Thunder Alley, the Verghn's Grove track plays very well in reversed direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:
Huron725 wrote:

If you have Thunder Alley, the Verghn's Grove track plays very well in reversed direction.

Thunder Alley is on my wish list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.